The Manager Engineering is primarily responsible for the management and output of the department and the coordination with other departments. Moreover, he contributes to the development of the department and the DDE products within the framework of the company policy. The department goals are; to calculate, design, draw and describe dredging installations and to capture, manage and share related knowledge. The Engineering department consists of about 20 employees and, depending on the workload, a variable number of user firms.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- The Engineering Manager manages seven teams with focus on quality, cost and progress, including coaching and staff development and creating a cooperative environment;
- Making available and securing working methods for processes within the department;
- Making proposals relating to corporate and departmental policies from the field of engineering and drafting and implementing the annual department plan;
- Establish and coordinate a capacity plan for the Engineering Department;
- Lead multidisciplinary projects for the optimization / standardization of development and engineering processes;
- Monitoring a sustainable relationship with other departments in the Damen organisation;
- Ensure division of labor (outsourcing) both inside and outside the department.
- You have complete overview and act proactively. You are open to communication and knows how to coach people. You are responsible for the performance of your employees;
- You have a Bachelor or Master degree and experience in a technical environment. You also have an affinity for the heavy mechanical engineering;
- Experience with marine installations, regulation and inspection processes of classification societies as well as some knowledge of CAD, FEM or ERP applications is a plus.
Department InformationThe Engineering Department at Damen Dredging Equipment consists of seven teams, divided into five mechanical engineering product teams: dredger installations, stationary suction dredges, dredging pumps, parts, specials, an Electrical & Instrumentation department and a Documentation department. These product teams are supervised by an engineering project leader (team leader) and operate independently. The Damen Organisation aims to standardise equipment and parts, which lay the foundation for its engineering solutions. Our cutter suction dredges and our parts are built on-site and at locations worldwide.