Damen Engineering Gdańsk is a member of Damen Cruise and Offshore cluster, our Electrical and Automation Team is looking for engineers that will be part of Hardware in the Loop (HIL) application team, based in Poland.
The HIL application engineer will be responsible for the design and development of the simulator platform for system testing. He/she should have a strong system approach and expert knowledge of marine automated systems. In this position, he/she is expected to collaborate closely with various teams (internal and external) and to have a leading role in the coordination of all parties. He/she should have a creative mind set and an analytical approach for problem solving in a short timeframe and with restricted data.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Assessment of the components that will be tested
- Assessment of the simulation requirements and definition of modelling effort
- Assessment of vendor technical documentation needed for HIL tests
- Integration of Matlab/Simulink models and enabling of HIL functionality
- Hardware installation
- Calibration/commissioning coordination
- Verification and validation of the HIL platform
- Test protocol and execution
- >5 years of experience in system engineering or commissioning/service in marine applications
- High level of analytical ability, understanding of engineering methods and design principles
- Experience in interfacing automation systems, identifying attributes of hardware signals, debugging interfaces, and defining signal conditioning requirements
- Working knowledge of Matlab/Simulink will be beneficial.
- Experience with real time simulations will be beneficial (dSPACE ControlDesk)
- Strong organizational/communication skills
- Ability to work with others in a team environment
- Will be required to travel to the Netherlands on occasion and possibly for longer periods
- Advanced English skills are a must
Damen Engineering Gdansk Sp. z o.o. is a new Damen Company located in Gdańsk (Poland), started activities at the 1st of August 2013, member of Damen Group. DEGd is responsible for delivery of design checks and basic design for Damen ships of several Product Groups. Engineering focuses on the development of both existing Damen ship types and new designs. The Engineering Department is also involved during the production phase of each ship and provides support as necessary. Damen Engineering Gdansk is looking for experienced Shipbuilding, E&A, Mechanical Designers as well as project management and support personnel.