We are looking for someone who likes to work in a very focused and dynamic company, because that's what Damen Engineering Gdańsk is! We attach great value to content and correctness and fresh and good ideas for all kind of activities. The function requires good knowledge of the English language in speaking and writing, good communication skills.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Determine data to be processed in consultation with DEGd Project Management
- Start-up of project administration
- Keep system up to date
- Set up project or add data in IFS
- Receive documentation and digitalize data in IFS
- Update planning tool in IFS
- Provide information to Engineering Project Manager regarding Planning
- Monitor own planning with regard to outgoing and incoming documentation
- Signaling actions with regard to set planning
- Regularly drawing up progress reports on the hours
- Provide correct processing of Letter of Transmittal (LOT) in order that a good information flow is generated for the yard, customer, classification society, subcontractor, foreign engineering partner, etc., including,
- Deal with LOTs on instructions from Engineering Project Manager
- Process drawing data in IFS
- Arrange and organize digital and hard copies of drawings
- Send required drawing package
- Process feedback in IFS and act on current queries.
- Assistance to (the various) subgroup(s) in the case of project related queries about e.g. IFS
- Compliance with corporate and operational regulations
- Compliance with the HSEQ statement and the safety regulations pertinent to his work (including statutory obligations).
- Technical University degree
- Knowledge and understanding of the shipbuilding design processes and the project’s coordination procedures specifics to his/her discipline.
- Positive thinking, openness, capacity of continuous learning, initiative, loyalty to respect the company’s interests.
- Very good communication and team-working skills.
- Intermediary/advanced knowledge in English - written and verbal communication
- Willingness to work in overtime and take over new/supplementary tasks.
Damen Engineering Gdansk Sp. z o.o. is a new Damen Company located in Gdańsk (Poland), started activities at the 1st of August 2013, member of Damen Group. DEGd is responsible for delivery of design checks and basic design for Damen ships of several Product Groups. Engineering focuses on the development of both existing Damen ship types and new designs. The Engineering Department is also involved during the production phase of each ship and provides support as necessary. Damen Engineering Gdansk is looking for experienced Shipbuilding, E&A, Mechanical Designers as well as project management and support personnel.