For our office in Hardinxveld-Giessendam, we are looking for an enthusiastic, innovative and skilled, Mechanical Design Engineer (40 hours a week).
The Mechanical Design Engineer designs all relevant nozzle drawings and is capable of making various mechanical calculations. You have a divers job as sales-support, production-support, contact with class and work preparation is part of the job.
Tasks & Responsibilities
The Mechanical Design Engineer,
- Carries out all relevant drawings, specifically nozzle designs
- Is capable of making various mechanical and hydraulic calculations
- Can make drawings for :
- Conceptual proposals
- Machine configurations
- Work preparation
- Cutting- and bending-work
- Is aware of regulations of Shipping Inspection and various Classification companies
- Gives technical support to project management, production, sales and service
- Makes proposals for technical improvements of (standard) products and (new) developments
- Communicates projects with internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree in e.g. mechanical engineering or Shipbuilding or profound work experience on that level
- Knowledge of 2D/3D CAD-systems, preferably SolidWorks and AutoCAD
- Pro active in acquiring knowledge to solve technical problems
- Good communication skills, ambitious, willing to learn
- Dutch and English language; German is a plus
- Capable of working independently but also in a team, open to feedback
- Analytical, pragmatic, resourceful
- Salary and benefits in accordance with education and work experience
- A pleasant, informal working atmosphere in an international environment
- A varied function in a dynamic, rapidly growing organization with an open-door culture and excellent possibilities for further individual development
Working from various locations world-wide, Damen Marine Components is specialized - for all types of vessels - in the design and production of state-of-the-art propeller nozzles, special towing winches, rudders and rudder installations as well as steering- and hydraulic-systems.
Product quality in compliance with regulations of all classification societies, safety and a 24-hour world-wide service are typical aspects of our client focused orientation.
Nb. Van der Velden Marine Systems is our trade name.