The Technical Subcontract Manager and his team will work within the Engineering department and in close collaboration with the procurement department & key suppliers in combat management systems. You are responsible for the technical part and execution of engineering, testing and integration activities for combat management systems. You deliver engineering products and provide guidance and coordination of combat system suppliers of new build combat systems, maintenance or refits of naval vessels. The combat system consists of above water and underwater sensor systems, weapon-, command-, communication and control systems. The support of the combat systems group covers all phases in the process from sales lead(s) into a proposal(s) - engineering / system integration - production – commissioning, testing and during warranty periods. This results into an integration of these systems into a naval combat suite. The Technical Subcontract Manager will be responsible for ensuring compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications imposed by the customer, this in close collaboration with the procurement department. You participate on regular or irregular basis in the proposal engineering process.
Location: to be discussed. This will be a combination between our offices in Vlissingen and Gorinchem.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the execution of engineering, testing and integration activities for combat management systems, weapons and sensors for naval vessels;
- Supports the combat system engineering group on sustained performance by delivering quality engineering products within budget and on a timely basis. Coordinates and facilitates the subcontractors & suppliers contribution to the project(s) during preparation and execution;
- Drives new ideas in approach, process and methodology, while respecting the work and processes of the past;
- Takes ownership of the assigned projects to drive targeted results for schedule, quality and costs;
- Ensures full compliance with all applicable requirements and specifications imposed by the company and the customer;
- Organises and/or participates in project reviews.
- Secures the execution and synchronisation of project activities related to all deliverables and obligations of the Subcontractor(s);
- Coordinates reviews on documents, like planning (updates), progress reports, production reports, etc.;
- Participates during contractual milestones, tests and trials, such as FAT, HAT and SAT as accepting party;
- Assists the warranty authority on all warranty issues that have been identified;
- Advices the proposal department on proposals for new projects and/or new systems;
- Supports in proposal evaluation(s) technical evaluation and cost/price analysis;
- Participates in cross functional design reviews and approvals with project teams and suppliers;
- Assists the Combat System Integrator (CSI) by defining, establishing and testing functional and physical interfaces;
- Advises on arrangements for requested equipment and advises the production department;
- A Master’s / bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering or another relevant Technical Study;
- Technical oriented, with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in hands-on acting with engineers, suppliers / subcontractors staff, and project and programme managers in (naval) shipbuilding or a related industry;
- Hands-on experience in manufacture & subcontract management of complex systems.
- Expertise in a variety of engineering concepts and practices which include engineering experience;
- Experience of working in complex project environments;
- The ability to build coalitions internally and with other (inter)national Damen entities and/or with external suppliers to achieve common goals;
- Good command of Dutch and English language (written & verbal).
Desirable: Experience in engineering, integration, operations and maintenance of combat (management) systems for naval ships.
AfdelingsinformatieDamen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS) ontwerpt en bouwt marineschepen voor klanten over de hele wereld. DSNS is een dochteronderneming van de Damen Shipyards Group, de grootste scheepsbouwonderneming van Nederland en toonaangevend in binnen- en buitenland. De Damen Shipyards groep groeit snel, heeft een groot aantal werven wereldwijd en biedt werknemers een gevarieerd aanbod aan mogelijkheden voor doorontwikkeling. De afdeling Combat Systems is een integraal onderdeel van Engineering. De afdeling vult het specialistische kennisgebied van de Sensor- Wapen- en Commandosystemen aan boord van de marineschepen in. Deze activiteiten zijn relatief nieuw binnen DSNS en dat maakt de afdeling dynamisch. Commercie en techniek gaan hand in hand op deze afdeling.