The Engineer is working on a broad variety of tasks in the field of Electrical and Automation Engineering. He will be involved from the very first (proposal) phase in the project to perform design proposals and calculations. During the execution of the project, the Engineer will work in a team of several engineers in order to deliver the requested engineering documents. He will implement deep technical and practical knowledge into solid and innovative designs. The Engineer will report mostly to a Teamleader, or sometimes directly to the Project Manager or Line Manager in case of smaller projects.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Contribute to the engineering process by developing the required deliverables, such as specification documents, functional descriptions, schematic drawings and test/validation plans.
- Perform the required technical calculations to prove the design.
- Participate in design checks and reviews in order to guarantee the required quality.
- Compose technical/functional specification documents.
- Verify technical performance of vendors and subcontractors.
- Perform cost analysis on received offers, in close cooperation with the Purchase department.
- Ensure full compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications, imposed by Class and the customer.
- Offer support for producing and submitting proposals to our customers.
- Offer technical support or commissioning activities to projects under contract.
- Manage vendors and subcontractors to get their timely contribution to the project.
- Contribute to the further development of the E&A Engineering department.
- Develop and describe standards and working methods.
- Electrical Engineering or another relevant technical study at Master or Bachelor level.
- 3 to 5 year experience in the design and installation of complex Electrical & Automation systems.
- Vast experience and broad knowledge of electrical installations and automation systems, preferably in ships, offshore or industrial installations.
- Experienced in the design of (high voltage) Power Distribution systems.
- Experienced in the functional development of Control & Monitoring systems.
- Knowledge about EMC regulations and compliancy precautions.
- Used to work on Class-regulated products.
- Experienced in Good Engineering Practices, including quality and budget awareness.
- Experienced to work with and manage third-party vendors and subcontractors.
- Experienced to work in complex project environments.
- Prepared to work on other locations than the regular office location, in the Netherlands or abroad.
- Good command of Dutch and English language (written & verbal).
- Living in Zeeland region or willingness to move.
Acquisitie n.a.v. deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld.
Department InformationThe group Marine and Electrical Systems is part of the department of Engineering. The employees are assigned to projects, where they contribute with their expertise to product definition as well as the delivery of product information.