Naval Engineer GAP (General Arrangement Plans) has the task to contribute to and help to develop the naval architectural design and to create and guard the General Arrangement Plan during the pre contract phase. Under the management of the Productmanager, he executes (partly) product development and writes reports and specifications. Therefore, he cooperates intensely with colleague Design Engineers and other colleagues assigned to the project.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Performing design and proposal activities, in consideration with the Proposal Engineer
- Keeping track of General Plans, weight calculations and stability calculations, resistance and propulsion calculations
- Making presentations
- Documenting and sharing information and knowledge
- Taking care of timely and efficient communication to all relevant involved, so that input can be taken in account in the general plans and specialist calculations.
- Bachelor Naval Architecture
- Technical English (spoken and in writing)
- Knowledge of CAD 3D/2D: Microstation/Rhino/NUPAS-Cadmatic
- Works accurate, orderly and systematic
- Has an eye for relevant details, without being held back in his actions
- Sense of responsibility and is approachable on progress, quality, safety and general house regulations
- Is communicative, has a good ability to pronounce himself in Dutch and English in order to edit proposal documents
- Flexible attitude
Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS) designs and builds naval vessels for customers all over the world. DSNS is a member of the Damen Shipyards Group, the largest shipbuilding company of the Netherlands, leading at home and abroad. The Damen Shipyards Group grows fast, owns many yards worldwide and offers employees a variety of possibilities for development. DSNS focuses on selling a number of core products, namely Combatants and Naval Auxiliaries. These products and tenders to customers are brought about by the Products & Proposals Department. Designing, estimating, applying research results and improving our products takes place in a dynamic team, just as supporting marketing and sales in consultation with clients and partners in the Netherlands and abroad.