The Design Engineer's role is the establishment of the Naval design, and its development and monitoring during the pre-contract stage. You will perform (sub) product development under the direction of the Product Manager. Moreover, you will write reports and specifications and will work closely with colleagues - Design Engineers and other people assigned to the project.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Performing design and proposal activities in consultation with the Proposal Engineer.
- Design Tasks: General Plan, Weight calculations, stability calculations, resistance and propulsion calculations, evaluation of new (sub) concepts and reporting.
- Proposal Tasks. Writing (request-) specifications for equipment, writing (parts of -) specifications, writing reports, making presentations;
- Internal interfaces. Ensuring timely and effective communication with all relevant stakeholders so that input can be included in the specialized calculations.
- Bachelor or Master degree Marine Engineering, preferably with an interest in ship design/naval architecture;
- Good verbal and written command of the English language (technical terms);
- Knowledge of CAD 3D/2D: Microstation/Rhino/NUPAS-Cadmatic
- Accurate, organized, systematically;
- Eye for relevant details;
- Designers mentality, creative;
- Teamplayer, flexible, communicative;
- Has good sense of safety and environment (HSE).
Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS) designs and builds naval vessels for customers all over the world. DSNS is a member of the Damen Shipyards Group, the largest shipbuilding company of the Netherlands, leading at home and abroad. The Damen Shipyards Group grows fast, owns many yards worldwide and offers employees a variety of possibilities for development. DSNS focuses on selling a number of core products, namely Combatants and Naval Auxiliaries. These products and tenders to customers are brought about by the Products & Proposals Department. Designing, estimating, applying research results and improving our products takes place in a dynamic team, just as supporting marketing and sales in consultation with clients and partners in the Netherlands and abroad.