Provides overall leadership for built-up and implementation of the project organization. Is responsible for the execution of new built (naval) ship project from effective date of contract (EDC), which includes all engineering, manufacturing and supply chain activities needed to finalize projects within project scope, quality standards budget and timelines. Will be accountable for ensuring full compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications imposed by the customer.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the execution of a project from effective date of contract (EDC), which includes all engineering, manufacturing and supply chain activities needed to finalize projects within project scope, budget and timelines;
- Develop & execute a master project plan and monitor progress against operational targets with respect to cost, quality & timelines, re[ports on regular basis to “DSNS project board” (MD, Dir. Operations & Finance);
- Responsible for development and implementation of all necessary policies and procedures to ensure that the project organization (including engineering, manufacturing and supply chain departments) achieve project objectives;
- Ensure all necessary policies and procedures to ensure that a safe and healthy working environment are in place and maintained at (all) project site(s);
- Accountable for the commissioning, trials, testing and delivery of the vessel to the client and classification society, this includes Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT), Harbor Acceptance Tests (HAT), Basin Acceptance Test (BAT) & Sea Acceptance Tests (SAT);
- Ensure that the operating objectives and standards of performance are understood and owned by project management and project team members;
- Ensure full compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications imposed by the company and the customer;
- Manage the project (incl. external flexible human-) resource planning and assure the project team can be manned with the required capabilities;
- Representing the company to customers and related professional associations.
- Graduate level of intellect preferably with a Master degree in naval architecture discipline or a professional qualification in relevant technical study at M.Sc. level;
- IPMA B/C 3. An understanding of financial management and wider management principles and techniques;
- Extensive experience in manufacturing of one-off complex defense and security vessels at international multi-site manufacturing yard environments;
- Experience working in complex project environments;
- Experience in building coalitions, internally and with other (inter)national Damen entities and/or external suppliers to achieve common goals.
- Good command of the Dutch & English language (written & verbal);
- Ability to frequently travel long distances and work abroad.
AfdelingsinformatieDe afdeling Operations bij Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding is het kloppend hart van realisatie proces (voortbrengingsproces) van de complexe schepen voor binnen landse en buitenlandse klanten. Hierbij kan je denken aan marines, kustwacht organisaties. Het Operations team bevat alle vitale functionele specialisaties die nodig zijn voor een efficiente relalistatie van de bouwprojecten. Binnen Operations vind je teams die zich richten op Project Management, Engineering, Inkoop, Logistiek, Productie en Commissioning (inbedrijfstelling, garantie en technical assistance).