Provides overall leadership for the legal and contract management department. Ensures consistent legal support and coordination of all national & international proposals and contracts. Is responsible for the effective and efficient provision of general in-house legal counsel advisory services to senior and project management. Is responsible for contract management and supports (project) management in the process contract management.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Supports the sales team during negotiations with drafting contracts and aligning or revision of appendixes of the main contract and ensures consistency with the terms and conditions.
- Responsible for professional support of (project) management in the process of systematically contract management.
- Is accountable for the further professionalizing of company’s contract management through the whole contract life cycle.
- Ensures compliance with company policies as all applicable (int.) laws and regulations.
- Review and advise management on legal implications of internal and external policies and procedures.
- Review progress of outstanding litigation and liaise with and manage external lawyers and / or legal advisors.
- Monitor compliance with statutory obligations and advise (project) management accordingly.
- Executes document control of all contract correspondence, changes, status reports and other documents and supporting information for any claim/dispute arising during or after the project.
- Monitors contracts or any other documentation where the company has committed itself and assess legal implications that need to be brought to the executive management’s attention.
- Prepare, review and modify contractual instruments to assist and support various business activities.
- Negotiate, review and/or draft documentation for (general) business transactions and prepare and advise the management.
- Master degree of law, preferably Dutch law and contract law.
- Extensive experience as in company General Legal Counsel.
- Experience in contract management, preferable, in international shipbuilding business or manufacturing / construction business.
- In-depth knowledge & experience of contract management and general company legal counsel practices.
- In-depth knowledge of (Int.) national contract law.
- Good command of the Dutch (native speaker) & English language (written & verbal).
- Ability to frequently travel long distances and work abroad.