We want to expand our estimating department with a Junior Project Estimator.
Tasks & Responsibilities
After a period of training and coaching on the job you will be required to:
- Independently prepare an accurate cost budget and initial formulation/description of the technical qualifications and compilation of the tender submission documents. This being based on the specifications and work drawings made available by the client.
- Decide on the basis of your own insight, experiences and present parameters, the necessary hours per task and provide a cost calculation.
- Gather, in cooperation with the Purchasing Department, prices from suppliers for deliveries or subcontracting of work and incorporate them into the budget.
- Participate in pre-bid meetings and site visits as required which may result in occasional travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Shipbuilding or MAROF.
- Experience within ship repair and maintenance (ashore or sailing) (preffered).
- Strong motivation to expand your/gain profound knowledge of estimating and cost structures.
- Commercial feeling.
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
- Profound knowledge of MS Office and MS Project (preferred).
- Used to working in teams, with a service providing and flexible attitude.
- Good salary and secondary terms
- A profound traineeship within the various departments of our yard.
Company informationDamen Shiprepair Amsterdam is part of the Damen Shiprepair and Conversion Group. The organisation is characterised by modern business operations that put the customer first and enable us to efficiently anticipate market conditions. The shipyard has all the facilities needed to offer our customers a full package of services. Damen Shiprepair Amsterdam repairs various types of vessels up to 250 metres long. We employ 100 people and, depending on the workload, we can hire in additional help on a flex basis.