As a Project Controller, you are responsible for compiling cost estimates of ship repair assignments.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Based on quotations made, cost data, job descriptions and realized hourly accounts, maintain initial contractual work versus budget
- Check on the progress of shipboard repair work in relation to the contract scope and ensure proper administrative handling of additional work (more-less work)
- As a member of one (or where necessary multiple) project team (s), advising and assisting the project manager (s) on the financial progress and projected result of the project
- Minimum Middle vocational education (MBO) Level 4, Shipbuilding or Mechanical Engineering
- Some years of experience preferably in a shipyard
- Linguistic ability (in word and writing) in English, Dutch and Spanish. Papiamento is a plus
- Good knowledge of MS Office packages (Outlook, Excel and Word)
- Ability to work in teams and a dynamic work environment
- Has a serviceable and flexible attitude
- Good communication and commercial skills
- Representative and relationship management
- No 07:00 - 16:00 mentality
- Good salaries and secondary terms
- Training and development
- Growth opportunities, both within DSCu and within Damen
Are you interested?
Send your application letter with CV before June 12, 2017.
The facilities of Damen Shiprepair Curaçao currently consist of two graven docks (280 x 48.00mtr and 193 x 26.5mtr) as well as approximately 2,000m of repair quays outfitted with 13 cranes. Damen Shiprepair Curaçao is part of the Damen Shiprepair and Conversion Group. It is a well-established and leading group of repair yards with modern facilities and part of the Damen Group. It services about 40 drydocks, the largest being 420 x 80 m, which is one of the biggest in Europe. This allows the Group to accommodate almost any ship in the world. Also repair quays with sufficient crane capacity are available. Apart from our docks and quays we also have several workshops, de-slopping and polluting water discharge facilities and offices. We are growing in installation of Green Technology on board of maritime objects and do offer Port and Voyage Repair as well.