As a Dockmaster, you are responsible for in and out docking of ships in graven and floating docks.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Leads the dock team in activities related to docking ships and other floating objects
- Interprets ship drawings and determines the dock-block plan
- Makes trim calculations and ensures proper alignment of keel and side blocks and determines the required height thereof
- Keep the docks and quays in operation and takes care of proper preventive maintenance
- Minimum Middle vocational education (MBO) Level 4, Mechanical Engineering
- Knowledge of operations and dock installations is an advantage
- Some years of experience in similar function
- Linguistic ability (in word and writing) in English, Dutch and Spanish. Papiamento is a plus
- Ability to work in team
- Has a serviceable and flexible attitude
- Good communication skills
- No nine-to-five mentality
- Good salary and secondary terms
- Training and development
- Growth opportunities within DSCu and other Damen companies
Are you interested?
Send your application letter with CV before June 12, 2017.
The facilities of Damen Shiprepair Curaçao currently consist of two graven docks (280 x 48.00mtr and 193 x 26.5mtr) as well as approximately 2,000m of repair quays outfitted with 13 cranes. Damen Shiprepair Curaçao is part of the Damen Shiprepair and Conversion Group. It is a well-established and leading group of repair yards with modern facilities and part of the Damen Group. It services about 40 drydocks, the largest being 420 x 80 m, which is one of the biggest in Europe. This allows the Group to accommodate almost any ship in the world. Also repair quays with sufficient crane capacity are available. Apart from our docks and quays we also have several workshops, de-slopping and polluting water discharge facilities and offices. We are growing in installation of Green Technology on board of maritime objects and do offer Port and Voyage Repair as well.