Damen Shiprepair & Conversion (DSC) is currently looking for a Project Estimator in Curacao. As a Project Estimator, you are responsible for the self-compiling of commercial budgets and cost price of ship repair & conversion projects, based on analysis of drawings and specifications and in consultation with various project stakeholders. Damen Shiprepair & Conversion has decades of experience in the repair, maintenance, refit and conversion of ships and offshore structures, both at our yard as well as in port and during voyages. We complete more than 1,500 jobs annually.
Damen Shiprepair Curaҫao (DSCu) started with ship repair activities in Willemstad harbor as from February 1, 2017. With this, the Damen Group has a total of thirteen repair and conversion yards worldwide. DSCu currently has two dry docks and 1.5 kilometers of dock to service its international customers with high quality service. By the end of this year we expect to expand our capacity with two more floating docks.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Collect and analyze to estimate, the cost, time, labor and require materials to execute a job
- Participating in pre-bid meetings and site visits as required which may result in occasional travel
- To conduct (if necessary) technical surveys on location or outside the yard
- Making quotes based on customer-supplied specifications
- Estimate the required costs, capacity and services to be hired
- Making work structure breakdowns in Microsoft project
- Requesting prices from suppliers through the purchasing department
- Minimal a Bachelor’s degree in Shipbuilding, Mechanical Engineering or MAROF
- Experience with ship repair and maintenance (ashore or sailing)
- Knowledge of budgeting and planning in the ship repair industry
- A strong background in mathematics is essential
- Up-to-date awareness of sector trends and activities, covering not only calculation, but the wider ship repair industry
- Linguistic ability in English, Dutch and Spanish. Papiamentu is a plus
- Ability to work in teams
- Has a serviceable and flexible attitude
- Good negotiation and commercial skills
- No nine to five mentality
- Good salaries and secondary terms
- Training and development
- Growth opportunities, both within DSCu and within Damen
The facilities of Damen Shiprepair Curaçao currently consist of two graven docks (280 x 48.00mtr and 193 x 26.5mtr) as well as approximately 2,000m of repair quays outfitted with 13 cranes. Damen Shiprepair Curaçao is part of the Damen Shiprepair and Conversion Group. It is a well-established and leading group of repair yards with modern facilities and part of the Damen Group. It services about 40 drydocks, the largest being 420 x 80 m, which is one of the biggest in Europe. This allows the Group to accommodate almost any ship in the world. Also repair quays with sufficient crane capacity are available. Apart from our docks and quays we also have several workshops, de-slopping and polluting water discharge facilities and offices. We are growing in installation of Green Technology on board of maritime objects and do offer Port and Voyage Repair as well.