Due to retirement and expansion of our team, we currently are looking for a Supervisor Mechanical Shiprepair.
For this function, you are working on preparing, executing and controlling the work and directing up to 15 Mechanics. You determine the optimal working order, number of employees, materials and tools. Central is the steering of production and quality.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Determining the order of work, capacity planning and the presence of tools and materials
- Distribute the work based on the job plans and monitor quality and quantity
- Providing guidance to employees and ensuring that they perform their work properly
- Ensure the safety and cleanliness of the workplace
- Following the safety and operating instructions
- Providing directions and instructions
- Minimum Secondary Vocational Education (MBO Level 4), Mechanical Engineering
- Several years of experience as a supervisor in a ship repair yard
- Able to analyze independently engine and pump blue prints
- Linguistic ability in English, Dutch and Spanish. Papiamento is a plus
- Experience with MS Office packages (Outlook, Excel and Word)
- Ability to work in team
- Supervisory and motivational capabilities
- Has a serviceable and a flexible attitude and good communication skills
Are you interested?
- Good salary and secondary terms
- Training and development
- Growth opportunities, both within DSCu and within the Damen family
Send your application letter with CV before June 20th, 2017.
The facilities of Damen Shiprepair Curaçao currently consist of two graven docks (280 x 48.00mtr and 193 x 26.5mtr) as well as approximately 2,000m of repair quays outfitted with 13 cranes. Damen Shiprepair Curaçao is part of the Damen Shiprepair and Conversion Group. It is a well-established and leading group of repair yards with modern facilities and part of the Damen Group. It services about 40 drydocks, the largest being 420 x 80 m, which is one of the biggest in Europe. This allows the Group to accommodate almost any ship in the world. Also repair quays with sufficient crane capacity are available. Apart from our docks and quays we also have several workshops, de-slopping and polluting water discharge facilities and offices. We are growing in installation of Green Technology on board of maritime objects and do offer Port and Voyage Repair as well.