We currently have room for expansion of our team and are looking for a Head Mechanical.
As Head Mechanical, you Manage the mechanical department and are responsible for the repairs to all mechanical parts parts on vessels as well as taking out of the several parts that should be repaired/replaced, their hoisting/lifting and transport to the shop; the repairs to be carried out to those parts and the repairs to boilers, as well as the moving and placing back of the repaired parts within the determined time frame and complying with our high standards of quality.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Receives information/orders and instructions from the Production Manager and is accountable to him
- Manages the supervisors and fellow-workers of the Mechanical department
- Makes up an annual program to fulfil the objectives of the department
- Makes up a planning of the work activities for each project in deliberation with the purchasing department to look for the necessary materials/parts and eventually purchase them
- You have a Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or Marine Engineering
- Several years of experience in the ship repair industry
- Linguistic ability in English, Dutch and Spanish. Papiamentu is a plus
- Leadership skills
- Ability to work in teams
- Has a serviceable and flexible attitude
- No nine to five mentality
Are you interested?
- Good salaries and secondary terms
- Training and development
- Growth opportunities, both within DSCu and within the worldwide Damen family
Send your application letter with CV before June 20th, 2017.
The facilities of Damen Shiprepair Curaçao currently consist of two graven docks (280 x 48.00mtr and 193 x 26.5mtr) as well as approximately 2,000m of repair quays outfitted with 13 cranes. Damen Shiprepair Curaçao is part of the Damen Shiprepair and Conversion Group. It is a well-established and leading group of repair yards with modern facilities and part of the Damen Group. It services about 40 drydocks, the largest being 420 x 80 m, which is one of the biggest in Europe. This allows the Group to accommodate almost any ship in the world. Also repair quays with sufficient crane capacity are available. Apart from our docks and quays we also have several workshops, de-slopping and polluting water discharge facilities and offices. We are growing in installation of Green Technology on board of maritime objects and do offer Port and Voyage Repair as well.