The Head of Infrastructure Services is responsible for managing the infrastructural setup of the yard variating from buildings, roads, pipework’s, general Electra, IT cabling and so on.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Have affinity in the technical area of civil engineering. The safety aspect of the topics above is a must.
- Plan, delegate, control and adapt on department activities. To perform these tasks, it’s important that he or she has a high level of emotional intelligence to coach and to lead the team.
- Have analytical skills to examine and to judge the performance of the departments/ partners or request for new services. To do so, he/ she should be able to cope with new technologies in the form of software application.
- Minimal a bachelor’s degree (HBO level) in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or similar level
- At least 5 year experiences in a similar function in an industrial branch (preferable ship repair or new building)
- Leadership and motivational capabilities
- Affinity working with processes, procedures, KPI and budget
- Linguistic ability in English, Dutch and Spanish. Papiamentu is a plus
- Ability to work in teams
- Has a serviceable and flexible attitude
- Good salary and secondary terms.
- Training and development.
- Growth opportunities, both within DSCu and within Damen.
The facilities of Damen Shiprepair Curaçao currently consist of two graven docks (280 x 48.00mtr and 193 x 26.5mtr) as well as approximately 2,000m of repair quays outfitted with 13 cranes. Damen Shiprepair Curaçao is part of the Damen Shiprepair and Conversion Group. It is a well-established and leading group of repair yards with modern facilities and part of the Damen Group. It services about 40 drydocks, the largest being 420 x 80 m, which is one of the biggest in Europe. This allows the Group to accommodate almost any ship in the world. Also repair quays with sufficient crane capacity are available. Apart from our docks and quays we also have several workshops, de-slopping and polluting water discharge facilities and offices. We are growing in installation of Green Technology on board of maritime objects and do offer Port and Voyage Repair as well.