As a Senior Project Manager at the Damen Cruise & Offshore Rotterdam Division you are responsible for the planning, budget and quality of multidisciplinary large Offshore projects that are being built in the Netherlands or abroad. These are the high-end Offshore projects that are designed and built at Damen for the offshore market. Schiedam (location Damen Shiprepair and Conversion) is your default working location, but it is possible you will have to visit the project abroad if located at an international yard. As a Senior Project Manager you are expected to be able to manage all sorts of projects with multidisciplinary teams within the given time frame and budget. The projects you are dealing with are for example: mini Cruise vessels, Drilling rig installations, FPSO, Survey or Cable laying vessels etc., these are all large complex new build Offshore projects. Are you the professional who would like to be part of this ‘elite’ team within Damen?
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Preparation and cooperation with the Tender management department for the start of the Offshore project;
- Preparation of the construction process and drawing up the project plans in collaboration with the sub-contractors, tender management, engineering offices worldwide, and planning office;
- Monitoring of planning deadlines, progress, quality, and budget using an ERP system, WBS, and process planning schedules;
- Coordinating and supervising the construction process Schiedam based or abroad. Visiting international production location will be an important part of this (approx. 1 week a month during construction period);
- Coordination of the commissioning, sea trials, and delivery of the ship and offshore construction to the customers in consultation with the classification society and our co-makers and suppliers;
- If necessary improving processes and products in relation to the various sub-processes, such as the engineering, construction, and procurement processes, and a reduction of failure costs and an improvement in quality;
- Responsible for coordinating/indirectly supervising the multidisciplinary project team along the entire production chain and supply chain.
- A Bachelor’s degree (HBO) or Master’s degree, preferably in Naval Architecture, Mechanical Engineering, Marine Engineering, or equivalent;
- Good oral and written command of Dutch and English;
- Over 8 years of relevant work experience within multidisciplinary large complex Offshore project management (FPSO / cable laying vessel / mini cruise / drilling rig);
- Advantage experience of project administration / management, FEED procedures, turn key EPC projects and extensive Offshore related HSEQ procedures;
- Ability to set priorities, take a process-centered approach, and maintain an overview;
- Organizational skills, quality conscious, flexible, and customer-oriented.
Damen Shipyards Group operates 32 shipbuilding and repair yards, employing over 9,000 people worldwide. Damen offers a wide ranging portfolio of vessels to all sectors of the maritime industry as well as a variety of marine components and ship repair and conversion services. The unveiling of Damen Cruise & Offshore Rotterdam sees Damen commence with the construction of offshore vessels and constructions larger than those traditionally produced by the group, as well as large ferries and small cruise ships. Through the extensive experience of Damen Shiprepair & Conversion, Damen already has a strong track record working with such vessels.
This Division is indicative of Damen's confidence in the recovery of the offshore energy sector; when offshore activity increases once again Damen will be ready. To these ends we are assembling a dedicated, specialist Damen Cruise & Offshore Rotterdam team to ensure that the Damen standard of quality be consistently applied to all the activities of this new entity. The new team is to be strategically located in the Port of Rotterdam, at the headquarters of Damen Shiprepair & Conversion in the heart of the harbour city's offshore cluster.