As a Senior Project Purchase Manager at the Cruise & Offshore Rotterdam Division you are responsible for realizing the Project procurement of various packages, materials, goods and services for one or more Offshore projects. All this in such a manner that the required goods and services are available on time, under the best possible conditions, and in accordance with the set product specifications and company guidelines. You will be a member of a dedicated multidisciplinary Offshore project team which will be headed by a Sr. Project manager. Depending the project this team can be expanded with project purchasers or expeditors which will be managed by the Senior Project Purchase Manager. The Senior Project Purchase Manager will be managed by the Operations Manager Cruise & Offshore.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- In cooperation with Tender management responsible for the preparation of the Offshore project, sub-contracting packages, materials and services;
- You are responsible for setting up a Project Procurement plan in cooperation with the Sr. Project Manager of the project. Monitor the Project Procurement plan on time, budget and staff. Regular update the client project team and Damen management director level if necessary;
- Purchase large packages with materials, installations, equipment, semi-finished products, main components and parts as part of the multidisciplinary project team;
- As a senior professional you are aware of new international regulations, markets, products, developments and technics within the Offshore and Cruise industry;
- Responsible for developing and improve procurement processes within this new division of Damen;
- If necessary responsible for managing the Procurement team, which may consist of Purchasers, Expeditors or Administrative staff (depending the project).
- A Bachelor’s degree (HBO) or Master’s degree, completed in a technical and/or commercial study;
- 8+ years of relevant work experience within multidisciplinary large complex Offshore or Cruise projects (FPSO / cable laying vessel / mini cruise / drilling rig);
- Advantage experience with a Project Procurement planning, Tender management department, Offshore and Cruise regulations, Offshore related legal affairs (English law) and HSEQ procedures;
- Good oral and written command of English and preferable Dutch;
- We are looking for a Senior Purchaser with a sense of commercialism, flexible, service orientated and proactive mindset. Fully aware of the commercial, legal and regulatory rules of the Offshore and Cruise branch.
Damen Shipyards Group operates 32 shipbuilding and repair yards, employing over 9,000 people worldwide. Damen offers a wide ranging portfolio of vessels to all sectors of the maritime industry as well as a variety of marine components and ship repair and conversion services. The unveiling of Damen Cruise & Offshore Rotterdam sees Damen commence with the construction of offshore vessels and constructions larger than those traditionally produced by the group, as well as large ferries and small cruise ships. Through the extensive experience of Damen Shiprepair & Conversion, Damen already has a strong track record working with such vessels.
This Division is indicative of Damen's confidence in the recovery of the offshore energy sector; when offshore activity increases once again Damen will be ready. To these ends we are assembling a dedicated, specialist Damen Cruise & Offshore Rotterdam team to ensure that the Damen standard of quality be consistently applied to all the activities of this new entity. The new team is to be strategically located in the Port of Rotterdam, at the headquarters of Damen Shiprepair & Conversion in the heart of the harbour city's offshore cluster.