Damen Shiprepair & Conversion is one of the Operating Units of the Damen Shipyards Group and based in Schiedam, Netherlands. As a Sales Manager Cruise within Damen Shiprepair & Conversion your prime responsibility will be to seek business by active acquisition.
The Sales Manager is assigned to the dedicated business segment; Cruise. Because of our ambitions to expand in the Shiprepair & Conversion Cruise market you will actively develop the relationships with the potential or existing clients of the Cruise portfolio. It is one off Damen’s strategic choices to expand within the Cruise segment therefore you will have a lot of responsibility and freedom to explore and gain more market. You will independently follow up on any inquiries from clients within this portfolio. Off course you are responsible for the timely submission of quotations. You will have a close cooperation with the estimating as well as tendering department and will verify the progress of the quotation in progress. All client communication will be primarily done by you as a responsible Sales Manager for the business segment. The Sales Manager Cruise reports direct to the Commercial Director.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain a comprehensive overview of the market and thus able to provide strategic advice to the Commercial Director and Damen Shiprepair & Conversion Management;
- Establish, maintain and expand customer relationships and associated network in the Cruise market;
- Responsible for supporting our marketing department in preparing and maintaining a solid marketing plan for the Cruise market to be successful in this market;
- Initiating and conducting marketing activities (trade fairs, congresses, advertisements);
- Obtain enquiries, provide the client with quotations supported by the organization (estimating department) and follow up;
- Responsible for the completion of sales agreements; including negotiations with customers on prices, specifications, delivery and payment, preparation and conclusion of contracts and conditions.
- Master or Bachelor degree with a technical and preferably a maritime background;
- Minimum of 5 years commercial experience within the Maritime industry strongly preferable within the Shiprepair and conversion / Cruise industry;
- Good command of English and preferable Dutch language in writing and speaking;
- You are willing to travel abroad frequently (short-term assignments).
Are you the experienced Sales Manager who is capable to further enlarge our Cruise market? Do you have an open, cooperative, and team worker mentality? And do you have a vision and strategic approach of the market? Please apply now!
Company InformationDamen Shiprepair and Conversion is a well-established and leading group of repair yards with modern facilities and part of the Damen Group. It services about 40 drydocks, the largest being 420 x 80 m, which is one of the biggest in Europe. This allows the Group to accommodate almost any ship in the world. Also repair quays with sufficient crane capacity are available. Apart from our docks and quays we also have several workshops, de-slopping and polluting water discharge facilities and offices. We are growing in installation of Green Technology on board of maritime objects and do offer Port and Voyage Repair as well.