At Damen we are looking for a fulltime, motivated Secretary Sales (located in Schiedam) to strengthen our Cruise New Building Sales and Design & Proposal department. You will report directly to the Sales Director Cruise New Building and the Product Manager and work in close conjunction with our colleagues of the team. You will perform a broad range of tasks and activities including supporting commercial processes, back-office & administration and coordinating international cruise events with our Communications department. We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic candidate with a pro-active attitude and creative ideas to further establish, develop and grow our cruise ambitions. The Cruise New Building Sales and Design & Proposal department within Damen Shipyards Group is a newly established team supporting Damen’s ambitions to further expand its standing in the Expedition and small/medium size Cruise Vessels new build market.
Do you fit our profile of Secretary Sales? You must have:
- A bachelor degree and at least 2-3 years’ work experience.
- The capability to perform back-office and administrative tasks accurately, on time and with attention to the details. Setting priorities when under pressure and being organized is something you are good at.
- Advanced skills in preparing presentations and reports and the ability to work with CRM and other IT systems.
- A curious and customer oriented attitude, the ability to develop and maintain relations on all social levels and a strong international orientation.
- The capability to find information internally and to interact in a constructive manner within the Damen organization.
- A strong affinity with the cruise industry is a plus. Experience with the leisure travel industry is also of preference.
- Excellent communication skills and linguistic ability in English (Dutch knowledge is a plus for some internal communications).
- A flexible and stress resistant nature with no 9 to 5 mentality.
- The willingness to travel internationally to support exhibitions and events if/when required.
Are you cruise and travel minded and are you highly motivated to take on this challenge with us? Make sure to get in touch with us soon!
For certain positions, prior to extending an offer of employment, Damen will check and verify the following information: professional references, the authenticity of identity documentation and educational credentials, an integrity statement and a Certificate of Good Conduct (CGC). For some positions an assessment may be part of the application procedure.
Damen Shipyards Group operates 32 shipbuilding and repair yards, employing 9,000 people worldwide. Damen has delivered more than 5,000 vessels in more than 100 countries and delivers some 160 vessels annually to customers worldwide. Based on its unique, standardised ship-design concept Damen is able to guarantee consistent quality. Damen's focus on standardisation, modular construction and keeping vessels in stock leads to short delivery times, low 'total cost of ownership', high resale values and reliable performance. Furthermore, Damen vessels are based on thorough R&D and proven technology.
Damen offers a wide range of products, including tugs, workboats, naval and patrol vessels, high speed craft, cargo vessels, dredgers, vessels for the offshore industry, ferries, pontoons and superyachts. For nearly all vessel types Damen offers a broad range of services, including maintenance, spare parts delivery, training and the transfer of (shipbuilding) know-how. Damen also offers a variety of marine components, such as nozzles, rudders, anchors, anchor chains and steel works.In addition to ship design and shipbuilding, Damen Shiprepair & Conversion has a worldwide network of 15 repair and conversion yards with dry docks ranging up to 420 x 80 metres. Conversion projects range from adapting vessels to today's requirements and regulations to the complete conversion of large offshore structures. DSC completes around 1,500 repair and maintenance jobs annually.