Coordination of the Purchase and Logistics activity within DSGa, under direct supervision of the Technical Director. The Supply Chain Manager will be accountable for all purchasing and logistics activities necessary for fulfilment of the company objectives, as well as the development of the supply chain system, in line with Damen Group policy.
The Supply Chain Manager will develop performance indicators for purchasing and logistics activities and will continuously focus on optimizing supply processes in order to reach “on time delivery” target.
The Supply Chain Manager co-operate with all parties included in the production activities: planning, production support, production, QC. The SCM will have an efficient cooperation with Finance Department and HR& Corporate Affairs Department (Customs Operations), assuring a full compliance with the company rules and regulations as well as Romanian Law.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Manage the supply chain activities (purchasing, storage, transportation, material handling, subcontracting) in line with the organization strategy and supply chain policy of Damen Group
- Manage the in-bound and out-bound of the materials, warehouses, material storage and handling, inventory control and stock in transit;
- Manage the co-makers contracting process and develop a sustainable resource capacity for the company portfolio;
- Budget preparation for purchase and logistic activities;
- Monitoring the quality, cost and efficiency of the supply chain and logistics functions;
- Manage the customer supply process and the logistics of this category;
- Coordinate the communication with the Supply Chain Departments from Damen Group Companies;
- Develop the supply chain improvement process in line with the implementation of the new technologies and strategy of the organization;
- Development of assessment policy for DSGa suppliers.
- Verification official records carried through during commissioning tests and obtaining the signatures for them.
- Bachelor’s Degree / Master’s Degree in a technical specialization;
- Excellent skills in English;
- Excellent commercial and logistics knowledge;
- Good knowledge of INCOTERMS;
- Good knowledge of creating and delivery of project reports;
- Good knowledge of MS Office and planning tools.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in similar positions in relevant industries (automotive, heavy industry, oil&gas);
- At least 1 year managerial experience in relevant activities;
- High level of negotiation skills;
- Competent in making decisions and set up priorities;
- Organizing capability;
- Analytic view;
- Communication skills;
- Teamwork skills.
- Positive thinking, openness, capacity of continuous learning, initiative, loyalty to respect the company’s interests.
- Good verbal and written clarity of expression to negotiate, considerate, instruct, attune.
Romania's Damen Shipyards Galati (DSGa) is the largest of Damen Shipyards Group's 32 shipyards, repair yards and related companies worldwide. While Damen's international sales organisation takes care of product development, self-managed DSGa has developed into a highly efficient production shipyard with a significant output. Since joining the group in 1999, the yard's shipbuilding expertise and closely-managed supply chain have been behind some of Damen's most important deliveries to date, fully representing the group's diverse product portfolio. At the busy yard on the banks of the Danube, Damen's unique shipbuilding concept comes to life.
Damen Galati has a diversified portfolio including anchor handlers, coast guard vessels, patrol ships/navy vessels, platform supply vessels and logistic support vessels, RoRo ships, ferries, dredgers and barges. Signature Damen vessels like the ASD 2810, ASD 2913, ASD 3212 and Stan Tug 4013 regularly roll off the Galati slipway on the Danube.