Plans, organizes and supervises the work of the following departments of Damen Shipyards Galati: Human Resources and Training, Public Relations, Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Assurance, under the direct supervision of the Managing Director. The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for all activities related to the correct interpretation and application of personnel policies, further on will be responsible for the achievement of the company's objectives and will manage the activities that focus on achieving, implementing, maintaining and improving the health and safety management system.
The Human Resources Manager cooperates and maintains good collaboration with all departments within the Damen Shipyards Galati.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the development and strategy implementation follow-up regarding human resources procedures and for the integration with Damen's general strategy;
- Organizes and coordinates the entire recruitment and selection process to ensure proper candidates for the job vacancies;
- Supervises the process of drafting job descriptions and aims to include the duties and obligations related to the job security, corresponding to the job;
- Coordinates the process of induction of new employees to facilitate their integration into the company;
- Coordinates the activity of drawing up and managing the personnel files and their records according to the legislation in force (individual labour contracts, addendums, labour contract termination, seniority statement, medical certificates, etc.);
- Ensures the correct interpretation and application of personnel policies;
- Ensures annually the process of conducting the employees professional performance on all levels;
- Coordinates the training and career development of the employees;
- Represents the company in front of specialized control authorities, consultancy firms, central and local public authorities;
- Advises the managers of other departments of the company regarding human resources activities;
- Update organizational changes approved at company level: organizational chart, collective labour contract, company’s internal regulation, internal procedures;
- Coordinates from operational point of view the activity of the Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Assurance Department;
- Analyses and makes proposals regarding occupational health and safety policy and the prevention and protection plan in accordance with the internal regulations in the framework of actions undertaken by the Committee on Safety and Health at Work;
- Bachelor’s Degree / Master’s Degree (human resources, legal, economic);
- Experience of minimum 5 years in a coordinating position in the field of human resources;
- Knowledge in human resources management, labor legislation, personal administration;
- Good knowledge in developing and applying employee engagement and motivation tools;
- Good knowledge of the labor market environment and dynamics;
- Very good knowledge of PC operation;
- Good organizational capacity, attention to detail, ability to analyze and discernment;
- Very good communication skills, teamwork and teamwork;
- Positive attitude and skilled in self mobilization and mobilizing others;
- Excellent English skills;
- Competent in decision-making and prioritization;
- Excellent organization capacity;
- Positive thinking, openness, capacity of continuous learning, initiative, loyalty to respect the company’s interests.
Romania's Damen Shipyards Galati (DSGa) is the largest of Damen Shipyards Group's 32 shipyards, repair yards and related companies worldwide. While Damen's international sales organisation takes care of product development, self-managed DSGa has developed into a highly efficient production shipyard with a significant output. Since joining the group in 1999, the yard's shipbuilding expertise and closely-managed supply chain have been behind some of Damen's most important deliveries to date, fully representing the group's diverse product portfolio. At the busy yard on the banks of the Danube, Damen's unique shipbuilding concept comes to life.
Damen Galati has a diversified portfolio including anchor handlers, coast guard vessels, patrol ships/navy vessels, platform supply vessels and logistic support vessels, RoRo ships, ferries, dredgers and barges. Signature Damen vessels like the ASD 2810, ASD 2913, ASD 3212 and Stan Tug 4013 regularly roll off the Galati slipway on the Danube.