As a Regional Service Manager you offer support to the Sales Management Team New build division in selling ships by offering them our services products, including training, maintenance plans and spare part packages. You will approach existing customers for additional sales of services packages alone or with the Sales Manager of the New build Division. You will be the first point of contact for a customer. In addition to the warranty you monitor the progress of warranty and service contracts and work closely with Project managers and -engineers for its implementation. You are responsible for the realization of the objectives of the Services packages in the areas of customer satisfaction, revenue and profits.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- You play an active role in acquisition and relationship management, and you use these to create customer demand;
- You consult with the (potential) client on the technical, functional and other specifications of the possible order;
- You set up tenders for the export of complex projects that affect multiple parts of the Services organization, including foundations and approving the tender;
- You present the drawn up tenders at the Sales New build division and/or the customer;
- You are responsible for the handling of service orders, for instance by preparing action lists, work lists and a task specifications, by monitoring the progress of the project and timely detection of deviations in time, budget and quality, and by monitoring agreements with customers;
- You assure an up-to-date sales funnel (in IFS / CRM - ERP system).
- A completed technical (managerial) education (at least Bachelor degree);
- Preferable multiple years of experience in a services environment;
- You have excellent communication skills for negotiating, discussing the progress and convincing the client in French and English;
- You are willing to make short business trips (an average of one trip every 2 months) related to your work area in Africa;
- You are customer oriented, service oriented, focused, driven and proactive.
Damen offers you a role within a young and dynamic department where people learn from each other and with an eye for personal growth. Do you want to come on board with us? Apply now via the button below.
Department InformationDamen Services' mission is to support the sales organization of Damen in selling vessels by providing additional value in the form of services. The department gives substance to the concept of high quality and the generally higher cost of acquisition. After the sale of a ship, excellent services are delivered in order to increase the likelihood that a customer chooses Damen again to buy a ship for replacement or expansion. At the operational level, the Services department maintains contact with clients and is the eyes and ears of the sales organization. Services provides a broad portfolio of services for the entire life cycle of a ship built by Damen. This includes the handling of warranty calls, providing training, providing spare parts, providing maintenance and perform modifications and repairs. That is reflected in the behavior of its employees; they are always available, proactive, keeping their promises and always do more than is asked of them. Within the Services department the question is always: How do we make it happen?