The realisation of vessel construction projects, often in international production locations, such that the projects are delivered on time, within budget, and in accordance with the quality specifications.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Preparation of the construction process and drawing up the project plans in collaboration with the Project Management Office. Monitoring of planning deadlines, progress, quality, and budget using an ERP system, WBS, and process planning schedules;
- Coordinating and supervising the construction process out of the base in Gorinchem. Visiting international production locations will be an important part of this;
- Coordination of the commissioning, sea trials, and delivery of ships to the customers in consultation with the classification society and our co-makers and suppliers;
- Improving processes and products at design and detail level in relation to the various sub-processes, such as the engineering, construction, and procurement processes, and a reduction of failure costs and an improvement in quality;
- Coordinating/indirectly supervising the project team along the entire production chain and supply chain.
- A Bachelor’s degree (HBO) or Master’s degree, preferably in Naval Architecture, Mechanical Engineering, Marine Engineering, or equivalent;
- Good oral and written command of Dutch and English;
- At least 8 years' relevant work experience within multidisciplinary project management;
- Knowledge and experience of multidisciplinary projects, WBS, and planning schedules is an advantage;
- Experience of project administration in ERP;
- Ability to set priorities, take a process-centred approach, and maintain an overview;
- Organisational skills, quality conscious, flexible, and customer-oriented.
Department informationThe Project Management Department is responsible for supervising the construction of new vessels. These new-build projects are divided over four different clusters, namely: Tugs, High Speed Craft, Offshore and Damen Technical Cooperation. The Project Manager works within one of these clusters and reports to a Manager Projects.
The Project Management Department works in multidisciplinary teams and is responsible for the completion of the new construction projects, both for single and multiple vessels, at various international shipyards. Their scheduling activities are supported by the Project Management Office, with projects being managed through the IFS ERP program.