Are you an experienced commercial technician with knowledge of ships, experience in a service environment and experience in coordinating large complex commercial projects? And you have the cultural awareness off doing business in the Americas? Then you are the Regional Service Manager (RSM) for the area Americas we are looking for!
As a Regional Service Manager you offer support to the Sales (Ship)Newbuild Division in selling ships by offering them our services products, including spare parts and training packages. You will also monitor the progress in the warranty service orders and you give functional guidance to project managers and -engineers for its implementation. You are responsible for the realization of the objectives of the Services department in the areas of customer satisfaction, revenue and profit.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- You assure an up-to-date sales funnel;
- You play an active role in acquisition and relationship management, and you use these to create customer demand with the focus on the cultural part of doing business in the Americas;
- You consult with the (potential) client on the technical, functional and other specifications of the possible order;
- You set up tenders for the export of complex projects that affect multiple parts of the Services organization, including foundations and approving the tender;
- You present the drawn up tenders at the Country Group and/or the customer;
- You are responsible for the handling of service orders, for instance by preparing action lists, work lists and a task specifications, by monitoring the progress of the project and timely detection of deviations in time, budget and quality, and by monitoring agreements with customers;
- You draw up invoices, deliver them and you are responsible for credit management.
We are looking for candidates with:
- You have completed a technical (managerial) education (at least Bachelor degree);
- You are familiar with the cultural and business aspects of doing business in the region;
- You have managerial knowledge about combining technical, logistical and commercial aspects of tenders;
- You have multiple years of experience in a services / Sales environment;
- You have excellent communication skills for negotiating, discussing the progress and convincing the client (you should be able to do this in both English, Spanish and preferable Dutch);
- You are willing to make short business trips related to your work area in America (about one week a month);
- You are customer oriented, service oriented, focused, driven and proactive.
Damen offers you a role within a young and dynamic department where people learn from each other and with an eye for personal growth. Do you want to come on board with us? Apply now via the button below.
Department InformationDamen Services' mission is to support the sales organization of Damen in selling vessels by providing additional value in the form of services. The department gives substance to the concept of high quality and the generally higher cost of acquisition. After the sale of a ship, excellent services are delivered in order to increase the likelihood that a customer chooses Damen again to buy a ship for replacement or expansion. At the operational level, the Services department maintains contact with clients and is the eyes and ears of the sales organization. Services provides a broad portfolio of services for the entire life cycle of a ship built by Damen. This includes the handling of warranty calls, providing training, providing spare parts, providing maintenance and perform modifications and repairs. That is reflected in the behavior of its employees; they are always available, proactive, keeping their promises and always do more than is asked of them. Within the Services department the question is always: How do we make it happen?