As a PLM Application Engineer, you work together with business representatives and IT&IM colleagues to further develop, implement and support our growing PLM solution, as well as its user community within the Damen Shipyards Group. In a very dynamic team, you take new international deployments into support. You are also responsible for the optimal performance of the PLM solution and daily user support. Next to the focus on the Dassault Catia (CAD) and Enovia (PDM) solutions, you also support the entire Dassault 3DEXPERIENCE platform. An affinity towards supporting the Engineering processes will be required. You will also be responsible for the operational support of the current legacy CAD systems (e.g. Autodesk Autocad, Bentley Microstation, Cadmatic Hull and Outfitting. This function requires a strong and balanced mix of technical and communication skills. Therefore, you will develop core competences on application skills as well as personal skills, to grow to the next level in your function. You are the sparring partner for business colleagues seeking advice and support. You will work with a mindset to continuously improve the team’s way of working and services offered. You report to the Teamleader Engineering Services.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Design, develop, test, deploy and support CAD / PDM / PLM methods and applications;
- Contribute to the improvement of all processes linked to the PLM solution;
- Monitor and optimize the usage of all CAD / PDM applications;
- Act as a buffer between the business and IT: gather functional requirements and propose technical solutions by means of project management methods (project briefs, specifications, project initiation documents);
- Effectively communicate the benefits of a proposed solution to end users through verbal, presentation and demonstration skills;
- Create, develop and maintain end-user documentation describing the implemented CAD / PDM / PLM processes and/or methodology. Enforce consistency, reuse of data and standard practices;
- Support PDM-ERP connector adjustments in cooperation with the ERP technical application manager;
- You will monitor, initiate and follow up PLM developments and the technical implementation of changes, enhancements and upgrades;
- You are responsible for solving incidents, problems and service requests in time and quality.
- Finished degree on Higher Educational level (HBO) in the field of IT. Mechanical, Shipbuilding or Industrial Engineering as affinity is a plus;
- You are able to understand innovation, engineering, manufacturing and service processes and translate them into IT principles to support the users of the applications properly;
- Knowledge and experience of one or more leading CAD/PDM systems like Cadmatic, Autodesk Autocad / Inventor / Vault, Bentley Microstation, Siemens NX / Teamcenter, Rhinoceros, PIAS, Maxsurf;
- Knowledge of PLM or PDM systems like Dassault 3DEXPERIENCE are an advantage;
- Experienced (3-5 years) in a Support function build up in an IT organization of preferably a company with complex manufacturing and engineering / supply chain processes;
- Your communication skills (in English) are excellent.
Department InformationThe Group Information Technology and Information Management (IT and IM) department is one of the pillars in the delivery of the ambitious business objectives of the Damen Shipyards Group. Managing growth by structuring the (digital) information on a global basis sets high standards on the availability and accessibility of our IT infrastructure. Some innovative projects are: Remote sailing / services, Big Data for Marketing & Sales, Cloud first policy, Global PLM implementation, High Performance Computing, 3D Printing, the internet of things, etc. The Damen Shipyards Group IT&IM department consist of circa 160 FTE, divided over: Solution Management, iPMO, Architecture & compliancy, Security, Application Management Services, Infrastructure & Operations Services. We deliver 24-7 availability services, to 38 entities and 4.500 users from service hubs in Gorinchem, Vlissingen, Vietnam, Romania, Ukraine and Singapore.