Using your broad expertise as a Naval Engineer you will contribute to the development of the SeaXplorer and ensure that design conditions are met and necessary information for an efficient building process is available. As Lead Engineer Naval you will focus on the Naval design; weight control, probabilistic damage stability and ship’s safety, complying with passenger ship regulations. Complex analyses are inspiring you. You will manage a small engineering team, liaise with engineering partners and maintain contact with the client and suppliers. Moreover, you will ensure that regulative requirements have been met.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Execute engineering in 4 phases: design check, basic engineering, detailed engineering and production support;
- Supervise a small team of engineers and also subcontractor(s);
- Monitor quality. Assess input from our own employees, but also from suppliers and partners.
- Perform weight, stability calculations;
- Prepare escape and safety arrangements;
- Coordinate the outsourcing of work to subcontractors;
- Organize and monitor interfaces and system integration with other disciplines and co-makers;
- Support in client, Class and national authorities’ approval process;
- Prepare technical specifications for systems and equipment and/or assessment of supplier specs.
- You have a Bachelor degree in Naval Architecture;
- You have at least 5 years’ experience as Naval Engineer in complex engineering projects in the yacht or offshore Industry;
- Willingness to travel on a frequent basis;
- You have good communication skills in (preferably) Dutch and English;
- You are quality conscious and team work is important to you;
- You have experience with software packages such as AutoCAD and Nupas-Cadmatic, FEM.
Here at Damen we realize supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That’s why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- travel allowance;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our Damen Academy (including Leadership & Management development programs);
- an active social environment in terms of events & sports.
For certain positions, prior to extending an offer of employment, Damen will check and verify the following information: professional references, the authenticity of identity documentation and educational credentials, an integrity statement and a Certificate of Good Conduct (CGC). For some positions an assessment may be part of the application procedure.
The Yacht Support and SeaXplorer range of vessels sits within Damen's Cruise & Offshore cluster. For the promotion of these vessel types, the product group works closely with Damen's well-known superyacht brand, Amels.
The Yacht Support brand represents a product line of purpose-built superyacht service vessels that accompany the mother ship all over the world, opening up new possibilities for the luxury yachting experience. The SeaXplorer brand consists of vessels that go beyond the superyacht circuit. True expedition yachts to take those on board off the beaten track to our planet's most adventurous destinations - in comfort and in style.
Damen and Amels are working closely together towards the continual development of these brands, including the integration of innovative technologies to reduce environmental impact to a minimum. A distinguishing feature of these markets is the high level of customer focus required. With that in mind, Damen and Amels have ensured the flexibility to integrate clients' custom touches. Typical examples include preparing the vessels for Tropical or Polar operations, helicopter installations such as fully enclosed hangars, dive centres, special tenders and toys.
In addition to product development, these brands require a range of operational activities, consisting of project management, engineering, (project) purchase and project support.