As a Project Manager at the Damen Yacht Support cluster you are responsible for the planning, budget and quality of multidisciplinary projects that are being built worldwide. These are the high-end vessels that are designed and built at Damen for the Yacht Support market like the SeaXplorer. Gorinchem is your default working location, but occasionally you will have to visit our international yards. As a Project Manager you are expected to be able to manage all sorts of projects with multidisciplinary teams. Are you the professional who would like to be part of this ‘elite’ team within Damen? Apply now!
- A Bachelor’s degree (HBO) or Master’s degree, preferably in Naval Architecture, Mechanical Engineering, Marine Engineering, or equivalent;
- Over 8 years of relevant work experience within multidisciplinary project management preferable within the Yacht or High Speed Craft Industry;
- Good oral and written command of Dutch and English;
- Knowledge and experience of multidisciplinary projects, WBS, and planning schedules is an advantage;
- Experience of project administration in ERP;
- Ability to set priorities, take a process-centred approach, and maintain an overview;
- Organizational skills, quality conscious, flexible, and customer-oriented.
Here at Damen we realize supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That’s why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- travel allowance;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our Damen Academy (including Leadership & Management development programs);
- an active social environment in terms of events & sports.
For certain positions, prior to extending an offer of employment, Damen will check and verify the following information: professional references, the authenticity of identity documentation and educational credentials, an integrity statement and a Certificate of Good Conduct (CGC). For some positions an assessment may be part of the application procedure.
The Yacht Support and SeaXplorer range of vessels sits within Damen's Cruise & Offshore cluster. For the promotion of these vessel types, the product group works closely with Damen's well-known superyacht brand, Amels.
The Yacht Support brand represents a product line of purpose-built superyacht service vessels that accompany the mother ship all over the world, opening up new possibilities for the luxury yachting experience. The SeaXplorer brand consists of vessels that go beyond the superyacht circuit. True expedition yachts to take those on board off the beaten track to our planet's most adventurous destinations - in comfort and in style.
Damen and Amels are working closely together towards the continual development of these brands, including the integration of innovative technologies to reduce environmental impact to a minimum. A distinguishing feature of these markets is the high level of customer focus required. With that in mind, Damen and Amels have ensured the flexibility to integrate clients' custom touches. Typical examples include preparing the vessels for Tropical or Polar operations, helicopter installations such as fully enclosed hangars, dive centres, special tenders and toys.
In addition to product development, these brands require a range of operational activities, consisting of project management, engineering, (project) purchase and project support.