With your shipbuilding expertise, you make sure that all the conditions for the start of construction are met. You guide (Senior) Engineers into the right direction and act as a spider in the web within the Global Engineering Network. For example, you will be the contact point for Engineering Partners and maintain contact with (internal) customers, the various disciplines within the project team and suppliers. In addition, you provide the project team and the classification agency with the correct information.
For the Business Unit High Speed Craft we are looking for a junior Project Manager Engineering Shipbuilding.
Tasks & Responsibilities
As Junior Projectmanager Engineering, you are responsible for completion of the final design and engineering packages. Based on this, the yard can build the ship. This role includes the following activities:
- Coordinating and supervising one or more projects that lead to the construction of vessels;
- Coordinating outsourced work to third parties;
- Managing a team of 1-3 Engineers;
- Planning and budgeting of the engineering work within your project team;
- Developing (integrating) an overall project planning;
- Providing support during the construction of vessels;
- Assessing input from own employees, but also from suppliers and co-makers;
- Contributing to reports, both to the project team, the Team Captain and the Manager Engineering.
Striving for the best quality is in your blood as a Junior Projectmanager Engineering. You have experience in leading a group of Engineers and are comfortable in communicating in English. In addition, you have:
- A technical-oriented higher vocational degree in the field of Shipbuilding or Marine Engineering;
- Minimum 2 years experience in managing engineering projects;
- Knowledge of AutoCad and Excel.
The Global Engineering Network of Damen Shipyards consists of various engineering partners who work closely with each other to achieve a complete design of the vessel. This process is controlled from the Engineering department in Gorinchem. The work is performed within four product groups: Tugs, High Speed Craft / Ferries, Offshore and Transport and Damen Technical Cooperation. Each group is managed by a Manager Engineering and consists of several project teams. Each team which consists of both shipbuilding and mechanical engineers work on one or more projects, manager by the Project Manager.
The transformation of the first design to a complete and workable engineering package is the responsibility of the Engineering department. On this basis the ships can be built. Engineering focuses on the (further) development of existing Damen vessels, as well as to introduce new ships. The Engineering Department is also during the production of the ship involved and gives support if necessary.