In this position you will be responsible for the overall design of ships as per initial designs and the lists of requirements from our customers. You will provide technical specifications, maintain contact with suppliers, oversee new developments, assure integration of the system and perform background studies. In addition you will also supervise, assess and coach (Senior) Engineers on technical issues.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- The preparation of design-, specification-, detail- and working drawings within the specified procedures and standards
- The preparation of construction plans
- Registering and archiving of designs, drawings and project-related information
- Perform calculations or have calculations performed for further elaboration of weights, stability and construction in shipbuilding-related areas
- Conducting feasibility- and risk analyzes when preparing construction plans
- Produce part and order lists and prepare technical specifications for purchase orders with regards to specifications and planning
- Register, monitor and identify more / less hours spent on engineering work
- Planning and budgeting of engineering and calculation work.
- Coordinating and supervising the outsourcing of detail engineering.
- You have 5 years of relevant work experience;
- You have completed a technical oriented vocational training in Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering;
- You master good communication skills in Dutch and English;
- You are quality conscious, precise and accurate;
- You plan and organize your own work effectively;
- You have experience with software packages such as AutoCAD and Nupas-Cadmatic;
Vacancy end date: 31 December 2017
Each cluster has its own engineering department and several cluster- cutting departments such as Engineering Support, Standards, Reproduction and CAD/IFS Support. Engineering is responsible for the creation and management of the engineering packages of the cluster. Engineering means: the production of drawings, engineering calculations, production of technical specifications and construction instructions. This applies for both the naval part (hull, structure, stability, etc.), mechanical part (propulsion, pipe systems, etc.) and Electrical. The Engineering Department is responsible for the design and basic engineering of existing and new ship types, and coordinates and controls the outsourcing of detail engineering undertaken by other Damen establishments, including foreign offices, or by third parties. Each drawing group has access to employees with a naval, mechanical or electrical training (or any specialistic field of expertise).