Are you an Engineer with a commercial mindset and can you help us in the development of modern and innovative ferries and passenger ships? Then you might be the Design & Proposal Engineer we are looking for.
Based on a variety of vessels and markets we have different product departments at Damen. Each product department has its own specialism. One of these product groups is Cruise & Ferries, responsible for ferries and passenger ships including cruise. For the Cruise & Ferries department we are looking for a Design & Proposal Engineer.
As Design & Proposal Engineer you translate customer requirements into the design of a vessel in close cooperation with our Sales department. You prepare ship designs (Naval Architecture) and specifications, calculate costs and determine the delivery time through close collaboration with other departments within Damen (Research, Engineering, Production and Sales). In addition, your task is to develop new vessels and optimize our current product portfolio.
As Design & Proposal Engineer you are responsible for the following activities:
- Designing vessels in accordance with the criteria of the client;
- Provide technical support to the Damen sales organization during the contracting process, for example by giving presentations or providing calculations;
- Optimizing (standard) designs, in order to lower the price and enhance quality, reliability and the functionality of the vessels;
- Liaising with internal departments (Research, Engineering) and external parties for optimal project results;
- Keeping track of the overall progress in the pre-sales phase;
- Product development and optimization including market research and concept design;
- Setting up a project planning (milestones), calculating supplemental work and cost savings, preparing a list of deviations and other client specific data;
- Preparing ship designs, specifications, cost calculations and build strategies for sales prospects;
As a Design & Proposal Engineer you have the following profile:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Marine Engineering, preferably with a specialization in Ship Design;
- Preferably a minimum 5 years relevant work experience in ship design;
- Good verbal and written command of the English language;
- You are customer-oriented and you have good communication skills.
Department InformationThe Productgroup Cruise & Ferries offers standard and customized vessels of proven quality. The department handles requests from the Sales department and developed new standard products. The product range consists of a very diverse palette of vessels which may include commuter ferries, road ferries (rivers), large seagoing RoPax ferries and passenger/cruise ships.