The SeaXplorer is the world’s first purpose-built, Polar Code compliant range of expedition yachts with full capability for remote destinations – from extreme Polar to remote Tropical areas. From the very first sketches to the fully engineered range, DAMEN has designed every detail of these ruggedised yachts for the most extraordinary adventures anywhere on the planet. Visit our dedicated SeaXplorer website for more information.
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is currently looking for a Lead Engineer HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and AC) for the SeaXplorer team. Using your broad expertise as a HVAC Engineer you will contribute to the development of the SeaXplorer. You ensure the design conditions are met and all necessary information for an efficient building process is available. As Lead Engineer HVAC you will focus on the integration of HVAC systems; full integration of complex systems webbed in the SeaXplorer is your goal. You will support the outsourced detailed engineering process, liaise with engineering partners and maintain contact with the client and suppliers. Moreover, you will ensure regulative requirements will be met.
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is the headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group. Damen people, like the company itself, have an eye fixed firmly on the future, seeking out the path to their own potential and offering our clients the benefits of a partnership that lasts the lifetime of their vessels and beyond.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Your tasks & responsibilities as Lead Engineer HVAC SeaXplorer include:
- Monitoring quality and assessing input from suppliers and partners.
- Checking ventilation diagrams, transmission calculations and basic duct routing.
- Coordinating the outsourcing of work to subcontractors.
- Supporting the client, Class and national authorities approval process.
- Organizing and monitoring interfaces and system integration with other disciplines and co-makers.
- Preparing functional descriptions and technical specifications for HVAC systems and equipment and/or assessment of supplier specs.
Do you fit our profile of Lead Engineer HVAC SeaXplorer? You must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Installation or Energy Engineering.
- At least five years’ experience as HVAC Engineer in complex engineering projects, preferably in the yachting industry.
- Good communication skills and linguistic ability in preferably both English and Dutch.
- A quality conscious focus and teamwork is important to you.
- The willingness to travel on a frequent basis.
Here at Damen we realize supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That’s why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- travel allowance;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our Damen Academy (including Leadership & Management development programs);
- an active social environment in terms of events & sports.
For certain positions, prior to extending an offer of employment, Damen will check and verify the following information: professional references, the authenticity of identity documentation and educational credentials, an integrity statement and a Certificate of Good Conduct (CGC). For some positions an assessment may be part of the application procedure.
The Yacht Support and SeaXplorer range of vessels sits within Damen's Cruise & Offshore cluster. For the promotion of these vessel types, the product group works closely with Damen's well-known superyacht brand, Amels.
The Yacht Support brand represents a product line of purpose-built superyacht service vessels that accompany the mother ship all over the world, opening up new possibilities for the luxury yachting experience. The SeaXplorer brand consists of vessels that go beyond the superyacht circuit. True expedition yachts to take those on board off the beaten track to our planet's most adventurous destinations - in comfort and in style.
Damen and Amels are working closely together towards the continual development of these brands, including the integration of innovative technologies to reduce environmental impact to a minimum. A distinguishing feature of these markets is the high level of customer focus required. With that in mind, Damen and Amels have ensured the flexibility to integrate clients' custom touches. Typical examples include preparing the vessels for Tropical or Polar operations, helicopter installations such as fully enclosed hangars, dive centres, special tenders and toys.
In addition to product development, these brands require a range of operational activities, consisting of project management, engineering, (project) purchase and project support.