The SeaXplorer is the world’s first purpose-built, Polar Code compliant range of expedition yachts with full capability for remote destinations – from extreme Polar to remote Tropical areas. From the very first sketches to the fully engineered range, DAMEN has designed every detail of these ruggedised yachts for the most extraordinary adventures anywhere on the planet. Visit our dedicated SeaXplorer website for more information.
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is currently looking for a Project Manager Engineering Interior for the SeaXplorer team. As a Project Manager Engineering Interior, you will use your expertise in developing luxury yacht interiors ensuing all conditions for the new build ship have been met.
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem is the headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group. Damen people, like the company itself, have an eye fixed firmly on the future, seeking out the path to their own potential and offering our clients the benefits of a partnership that lasts the lifetime of their vessels and beyond.
As a Project Manager Engineering Interior, you are responsible for the engineering process and output within your discipline. Ensuring a smooth building process and meeting the client’s expectations is your goal. You will manage an engineering team and its interior subcontractors. You will also liaise with engineering partners and are the main contact for the client and suppliers. Moreover, you will ensure that the building yard and relevant class society have all the required information and that the necessary approvals are attained. Finally, you will be on board the ship throughout its trials before the ship is handed over to the client.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Your tasks & responsibilities as Project Manager Engineering Interior SeaXplorer include:
- Coordinating and overseeing one or more projects with regard to the SeaXplorer’s interior, the purchasing of systems or components, and the outsourcing of work to subcontractors.
- Preparing lists of drawings, plans and estimates for the engineering work for multiple projects or a subgroup within a single complex project.
- Organizing and monitoring interface with other disciplines and co-makers.
- Provisioning of engineering support during the construction of the ship.
- Managing, supervising and assessing a comprehensive team of engineers.
- Monitoring quality, progress and costs. Assessing input of own employees, suppliers and partners.
Do you fit our profile of Project Manager Engineering Interior SeaXplorer? You must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Interior Building, Mechanical Engineering, Marine Engineering or Naval Architecture.
- At least three years’ experience in managing complex engineering projects, preferably in the yachting industry.
- Good communication skills and linguistic ability in preferably both English and Dutch.
- A quality conscious focus and teamwork is important to you.
- The willingness to travel on a frequent basis.
- Experience with software packages such as AutoCAD and Nupas-Cadmatic.
Here at Damen we realize supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That’s why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- travel allowance;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our Damen Academy (including Leadership & Management development programs);
- an active social environment in terms of events & sports.
For certain positions, prior to extending an offer of employment, Damen will check and verify the following information: professional references, the authenticity of identity documentation and educational credentials, an integrity statement and a Certificate of Good Conduct (CGC). For some positions an assessment may be part of the application procedure.
The Yacht Support and SeaXplorer range of vessels sits within Damen's Cruise & Offshore cluster. For the promotion of these vessel types, the product group works closely with Damen's well-known superyacht brand, Amels.
The Yacht Support brand represents a product line of purpose-built superyacht service vessels that accompany the mother ship all over the world, opening up new possibilities for the luxury yachting experience. The SeaXplorer brand consists of vessels that go beyond the superyacht circuit. True expedition yachts to take those on board off the beaten track to our planet's most adventurous destinations - in comfort and in style.
Damen and Amels are working closely together towards the continual development of these brands, including the integration of innovative technologies to reduce environmental impact to a minimum. A distinguishing feature of these markets is the high level of customer focus required. With that in mind, Damen and Amels have ensured the flexibility to integrate clients' custom touches. Typical examples include preparing the vessels for Tropical or Polar operations, helicopter installations such as fully enclosed hangars, dive centres, special tenders and toys.
In addition to product development, these brands require a range of operational activities, consisting of project management, engineering, (project) purchase and project support.