Do you have a passion for ships? Do you want to broaden your horizon and gain work experience at one of our international yards or offices? Are you a pro-active student ready to take on a challenging project? Apply now for a Damen Premium Placement! At our international yards and offices is where the magic happens; here we start building our vessels from scratch! During your time abroad you will learn more about Damen, the shipbuilding process, working with people from different cultures and taking care of yourself! We look to recruit students with the same vision as ours. Students who can take responsibility for what they are doing and demonstrate true leadership qualities. Those who are willing to drive themselves forwards even when the going gets tough, overcoming hurdles and learning along the way.
As an intern at one of our international yards you will get to know different aspects of the production process of our Damen vessels. Which part of the production process do you like most? To which part of the production process do you think you can add the most value? Well, this is all up to you! Together with your future colleagues we will set up an internship plan for your time abroad. This internship plan is based on your personal learning goals.
- Send us a strong motivation letter specifying which part of the production process has your interest and why. Of course, you will also need to convince us why we should offer you a Premium Placement.
- Students can apply for a Premium Placement until 30 September 2017.
- The first selection interviews will take place in October followed by an online assessment.
- Based on this the final students will be invited for a Premium Placements Pitch for our Premium Placement Board. This will take place in November. The board ultimately decides on the same day which student will go to which yard.
- A bachelor/master student with a maritime or mechanical study?
- A team player?
- A person that can make and wants to make a difference?
- Not afraid to get your hands dirty?
- Eager to learn?
- Good at ‘out of the box’ thinking?
- Fluent in English?
- Looking for an internship commencing between January and June 2018
Then express your interest for a Premium Placement now and broaden your horizon at Damen!
Company InformationDamen Shipyards Group operates 32 shipbuilding and repair yards, employing 9,000 people worldwide.Damen has delivered more than 5,000 vessels in more than 100 countries and delivers some 160 vessels annually to customers worldwide. Based on its unique, standardised ship-design concept Damen is able to guarantee consistent quality. Damen's focus on standardisation, modular construction and keeping vessels in stock leads to short delivery times, low 'total cost of ownership', high resale values and reliable performance. Furthermore, Damen vessels are based on thorough R&D and proven technology.Damen offers a wide range of products, including tugs, workboats, naval and patrol vessels, high speed craft, cargo vessels, dredgers, vessels for the offshore industry, ferries, pontoons and superyachts.
For nearly all vessel types Damen offers a broad range of services, including maintenance, spare parts delivery, training and the transfer of (shipbuilding) know-how. Damen also offers a variety of marine components, such as nozzles, rudders, anchors, anchor chains and steel works.In addition to ship design and shipbuilding, Damen Shiprepair & Conversion has a worldwide network of 15 repair and conversion yards with dry docks ranging up to 420 x 80 metres. Conversion projects range from adapting vessels to today's requirements and regulations to the complete conversion of large offshore structures. DSC completes around 1,500 repair and maintenance jobs annually.