The Secretary is the assistant of the sales manager who is responsible for the Sales Area East & South East Europe. You support the Sales Manager in his sales activities and you are responsible for the communication with our customers. At the same time you are the contact for the internal organisation, i.a. during the preparations and organisation of meetings, company visits and tenders. You have to be able to act quickly, be forethought, and you have to take the lead when necessary.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Responsible for confidential correspondence and documents, including preparation of quotations and tender documents;
- Keeping diaries on paper and in digital form;
- Responsible for answering the telephone and screening calls with the ability to do this in both Dutch, Russian and English;
- Organizing and preparing meetings;
- Organizing foreign travel and hotel reservations;
- Preparing and organizing meetings and company visits, including accompanying customers during visits to the shipyard.
- Perform administrative formalities, including entering business cards, processing, checking and approval of invoices.
- An intermediate vocational diploma (MBO+/HBO) or Bachelor's degree plus secretarial training;
- Minimum 2 years relevant work experience;
- Excellent spoken and written command of Dutch and English;
- Knowledge of and experience with business correspondence;
- Knowing how to anticipate on the workload and willing to take initiative;
- Representative, service oriented, flexible, decisive, teamplayer, excellent organizational skills, reliable and accurate;
- Fulltime available
Department InformationThe sales department is divided into 7 country groups, namely the Benelux, North, West & South Europe, East & South East Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. The diversity between sales activities and the consequent market approach in the 7 country groups is extensive because of the differences in product types, distribution, types of customers, collaboration with agents, political influences, government regulations, method of project funding etc. Area Directors and Sales Managers are frequently required to travel. The trips usually consist of visits to prospective and (existing) customers. Partners include: employees at government agencies, port operators, shipping companies, contractors and marine service companies. The Sales Manager plays a leading role within the Damen Shipyards Group and he/she is responsible for the local sales activities and turnover in a number of countries within the country group.