Due to maternity leave of one of our colleagues we are looking for a Secretary Sales for the period of January 2018 until April 2018 with the possibility of permanent extension.
The secretary is the assistant of Sales Manager(s) responsible for the Sales Area Africa. You support the Sales Manager(s) in their sales activities and you are responsible for the communication with our customers. At the same time you are the contact for the internal organisation, i.a. the preparations and organisation of meetings, company visits and tenders. You have to be able to act quickly, be forethought, and you have to take the lead when necessary.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Keeping diaries on paper and in digital form;
- Responsible for confidential correspondence and documents, including preparation of quotations and tender documents;
- Responsible for answering the telephone and screening calls with the ability to do this in Dutch, English and French;
- Organizing and preparing meetings;
- Organizing foreign travel and hotel reservations;
- Preparing and organizing meetings and company visits;
- Perform administrative formalities, including entering business cards, processing, checking and approval of invoices.
- An intermediate vocational diploma (HBO) or Bachelor''s degree plus secretarial training;
- Minimum 3 years' relevant work experience;
- Excellent spoken and written command of Dutch, English and French;
- Knowledge of and experience with business correspondence;
- Knowing how to anticipate on the workload, analytical thinking, willing to take initiative;
- Representative, flexible, decisive, excellent organizational skills, reliable and accurate, teamplayer, service oriented;
- Fulltime available.
Company informationDamen Shipyards Gorinchem, headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group, is a well-known leading international shipyard. Damen Shipyards Group operates more than 32 shipyards, repair yards and related companies worldwide with a total turnover of 1.7 billion Euro. At Damen Shipyards Gorinchem we design and build a wide range of products including tugs, workboats, naval and patrol vessels, high speed craft, dredgers, vessels for the offshore industry, ferries, pontoons and cargo vessels. Damen delivers more than 180 vessels each year. In fact, we have built more than 6,000 ships since 1969. Our clients include contractors, oil companies, port authorities, offshore companies and maritime service providers.