Are you an Engineer with a commercial mindset and can you help us in the development of modern and innovative high speed crafts? Then you might be the Design & Proposal Engineer we are looking for!
As Design & Proposal Engineer High Speed Craft you are responsible for the sales support of our products.
You are part of a group of Design&Proposal Engineers.
The D&P Engineers adapt (standard) ship designs to different customer requirements, prepare specifications and calculate costs through close collaboration with other departments within Damen (Research, Engineering, Procurement, Production and Sales).
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Help setting the standards and follow processes and procedures in place;
- Preparing ship designs, specifications, cost calculations and build strategies for sales prospects;
- Provide technical support to the Damen sales organization during the contracting process;
- Liaising with internal departments such as Research, Engineering, Purchasing and Production for optimal project results.
- Master degree in Naval Architecture and Engineering;
- Preferably a minimum 5 years relevant work experience;
- Good verbal and written command of the English language;
- Customer-oriented, both internally and externally;
- Good communication skills.
The High Speed Craft (HSC) product group is responsible for all high speed workboats within Damen, with the exception of Ferries. The standard series of High Speed Craft are Tenders(fast multi-purpose workboats), Stan Patrols (patrol boats), Fast Crew Suppliers (fast ships for the offshore industry), Stan Pilots (pilot boats) and Interceptors(high-speed interceptor boats). The product group is responsible for development and makes offers (specifications and cost prices) for the Sales department.