As a Project Manager at Damen Technical Cooperation (DTC) you are responsible for the on time realization of vessel construction projects, often build at an international production location. It is your task to guarantee on time delivery, within budget, and in accordance with the quality specifications set by different stakeholders. You will work closely together with the Project Management Office and Project Management Team, coordinating the project from production, to supply chain and on site building.
The Project Management department within Damen is responsible for supervising the construction of new build projects, both for single and multiple vessels. These new build projects are divided into four different clusters: tugs, high speed craft, offshore and Damen Technical Cooperation. As a Project Manager you are assigned to one of these clusters and you will report to a Manager Projects. All scheduling activities are supported by the Project Management Office, with projects being managed through the IFS ERP program.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Your tasks & responsibilities as Project Manager include:
- Preparation of the construction process and drawing up the project plans in collaboration with the Project Management Office.
- Monitoring of planning deadlines, progress, quality, and budget using an ERP system, WBS, and process planning schedules.
- Coordinating and supervising the construction process from our headquarters in Gorinchem. Visiting international production locations will be part of your job.
- Coordination of the commissioning, sea trials, and delivery of ships to the customers in consultation with the classification society and our co-makers and suppliers.
- Improving processes and products at design and detail level in relation to the various sub-processes, such as the engineering, construction, and procurement processes, and a reduction of failure costs and an improvement in quality.
- Coordinating/indirectly supervising the project team along the entire production chain and supply chain.
A Do you fit our profile of Project Manager? You must have:
- A Bachelor (HBO) or Master (WO) degree, preferably in Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- At least five years’ relevant experience in multidisciplinary project management.
- Knowledge of, and experience in multidisciplinary projects, WBS, and planning schedules is an advantage.
- Experience in project administration in ERP.
- The ability to set priorities, take a process-centered approach, and maintain overview.
- Organizational skills, a quality conscious focus and a flexible and customer-oriented personality.
- Good communication skills (both oral and written) in both Dutch and English.
Here at Damen we realize supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That’s why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- travel allowance;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our Damen Academy (including Leadership & Management development programs);
- an active social environment in terms of events & sports.
For certain positions, prior to extending an offer of employment, Damen will check and verify the following information: professional references, the authenticity of identity documentation and educational credentials, an integrity statement and a Certificate of Good Conduct (CGC). For some positions an assessment may be part of the application procedure.
Department informationThe Project Management Department is responsible for supervising the construction of new vessels. These new-build projects are divided over four different clusters, namely: Tugs, High Speed Craft, Offshore and Damen Technical Cooperation. The Project Manager works within one of these clusters and reports to a Manager Projects.
The Project Management Department works in multidisciplinary teams and is responsible for the completion of the new construction projects, both for single and multiple vessels, at various international shipyards. Their scheduling activities are supported by the Project Management Office, with projects being managed through the IFS ERP program.