Because of new developments within the Cruise and Offshore market Damen is looking for professionals with a background in Cruise. Damen is about to enter the Cruise market with some exiting projects and 100+ meter Cruise and Cruise Expedition vessels. These projects will be built at one of our yards outside the Netherlands and will have a high level of customization in design, outfitting and final execution of the vessels. From the very first sketches to the fully engineered range, Damen has designed every detail of these client specific Cruise vessels for the most luxury Cruise trips around the world
As a Production Manager at the Damen Cruise Division you are responsible for the planning, budget and quality of multidisciplinary Cruise projects that are being built abroad. These are the high-end Cruise projects that are designed and built at Damen. One of our yards in Romania is your default working location, but it is possible you will have to visit Rotterdam or subcontractors abroad. As a Production Manager you are expected to be able to manage all sorts of projects with multidisciplinary teams within the given time frame and budget. Be able to produce building strategy’s, planning but also to execute them at the production site. Report, escalation, planning process, coordination subcontractor and Damen staff. You will be in the center of production, Project Management, Subcontracting, Engineering etc. The projects you are dealing with are Cruise vessels of 100+ meters. The Production Manager will report to the Sr. Project manager of the project. The location for this job will be at one of our yards in Romania (Mangalia).
Damen people, like the company itself, have an eye fixed firmly on the future, seeking out the path to their own potential and offering our clients the benefits of a partnership that lasts the lifetime of their vessels and beyond.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Your tasks & responsibilities as Production Manager Cruise include:
- Preparation and cooperation with the Tender management department for the start of the Cruise project;
- Preparation of the construction process and drawing up the project plans in collaboration with the sub-contractors, tender management, engineering offices worldwide, and planning office;
- Monitoring of planning deadlines, progress, quality, and budget using an ERP system, WBS, and process planning schedules;
- Coordinating and supervising the construction process abroad. Visiting international production location will be an important part of this (approx. 1 week a month during construction period);
- Coordination of the commissioning, sea trials, and delivery of the ship and offshore construction to the customers in consultation with the classification society and our co-makers and suppliers;
- If necessary improving processes and products in relation to the various sub-processes, such as the engineering, construction, and procurement processes, and a reduction of failure costs and an improvement in quality;
- Responsible for coordinating/indirectly supervising the multidisciplinary project team along the entire production chain and supply chain.
Do you fit our profile of Production Manager Cruise? You must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree (HBO) or Master’s degree, preferably in Naval Architecture, Mechanical Engineering, Marine Engineering, or equivalent;
- Good oral and written command of English and preferable Dutch;
- Over 8 years of relevant work experience within multidisciplinary Cruise project management, hands on production experience within the Cruise industry;
- Advantage experience of project administration / management, Pre engineering procedures and extensive Cruise related HSEQ procedures; Ability to set priorities, take a process-centered approach, and maintain an overview;
- Organizational skills, quality conscious, flexible, and customer-oriented.
Here at Damen we realize supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That’s why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- travel allowance;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our Damen Academy (including Leadership & Management development programs);
- an active social environment in terms of events & sports;
- relocation package available under certain circumstances.
For certain positions, prior to extending an offer of employment, Damen will check and verify the following information: professional references, the authenticity of identity documentation and educational credentials, an integrity statement and a Certificate of Good Conduct (CGC). For some positions an assessment may be part of the application procedure.
The Cruise range of vessels is part of Damen's Cruise & Offshore cluster. For the design of these vessel types, the cluster works closely with different departments within Damen. The Cruise brand represents a product line of highly competitive Cruise vessels up to 100+ meters opening up new possibilities for the luxury Cruise market. Damen Shipyards Group operates 32 shipbuilding and repair yards, employing over 9,000 people worldwide. Damen offers a wide ranging portfolio of vessels to all sectors of the maritime industry as well as a variety of marine components and ship repair and conversion services. The unveiling of Damen Cruise sees Damen commence with the construction of Cruise vessels larger than those traditionally produced by the group. This Division is indicative of Damen's confidence in the further growth of the Cruise market. To these ends we are assembling a dedicated, specialist Damen Cruise team to ensure that the Damen standard of quality be consistently applied to all the activities of this new entity. The new team is to be strategically located in Rotterdam.