As a Design & Proposal Engineer you are responsible for creating distinctive standard designs of dredgers and equipment. With this we want to profile Damen optimally in the dredging industry.
You are a motivated engineer with a passion for the construction of vessels and equipment and you find it a challenge to optimally advise the Sales Manager with you expertise. During the sales process you add knowledge in the field of technology, cost price and delivery time.
This way you contribute to the sales of our vessels and the success of Damen in the dredging world!
The Design & Proposal department works closely with other disciplines within Damen such as Research, Engineering, Production, (e-) Marketing and Sales. Together with a team of specialists you work from the Gorinchem offices and 1 to 2 days from Nijkerk where the equipment is built.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Creating new designs and cost price;
- Selecting the best fitting vessels / equipment based on the customer's criteria;
- Thinking of new standardized designs and continuous optimization of existing designs;
- Conducting consultations with various departments and external parties including engineers and subcontractors;
- Monitoring the progress of the project in the pre-sales phase.
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, Shipbuilding or Maritime Engineering;
- Several years of experience in the maritime (dredging) industry;
- Good command of the Dutch and English language in word and writing;
- Passion for technology in combination with commerce.
You are customer-oriented, flexible and find it a challenge to work on various projects at the same time. You have excellent communication skills and can express yourself well in a business conversation.
Here at Damen we realize supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That’s why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology innovation and commerce;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- travel allowance;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our Damen Academy.
For certain positions, prior to extending an offer of employment, Damen will check and verify the following information: professional references, the authenticity of identity documentation and educational credentials, an integrity statement and a Certificate of Good Conduct (CGC). For some positions an assessment may be part of the application procedure.
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem, headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group, is a well-known leading international shipyard. Damen Shipyards Group operates more than 32 shipyards, repair yards and related companies worldwide with a total turnover of 1.7 billion Euro. At Damen Shipyards Gorinchem we design and build a wide range of products including tugs, workboats, naval and patrol vessels, high speed craft, dredgers, vessels for the offshore industry, ferries, pontoons and cargo vessels. Damen delivers more than 180 vessels each year. In fact, we have built more than 6,000 ships since 1969. Our clients include contractors, oil companies, port authorities, offshore companies and maritime service providers.