Because of new developments within the Offshore market Damen is looking for a Site Project Manager with experience in (international) Ship New build projects preferable within the Russia Area. This projects will be built at the Vladivostok location and will have a high level of customization in design, outfitting and final execution of the vessels. From the very first sketches to the fully engineered range, Damen has designed every detail of these client specific Offshore vessels.
As a Site Project Manager at the Damen Offshore Division you are responsible for the planning, budget and quality of multidisciplinary Offshore New build projects that are being built abroad (Vladivostok). These are the high-end Offshore projects that are designed and built at Damen. Vladivostok is your default working location, but it is possible you will have to visit Rotterdam or subcontractors abroad. As a Site Project Manager you are expected to be able to manage all sorts of projects with multidisciplinary teams within the given time frame and budget. Be able to produce building strategy’s, planning but also to execute them at the production site. Report, escalation, planning process, coordination subcontractor and Damen staff. You will be in the center of production, Project Management, Subcontracting, Engineering etc. The projects you are dealing with are Offshore New build vessels. The Site Project Manager will report to the Operations Manager of the Business Unit Offshore. The location for this job will be at Vladivostok (Russia).
Damen people, like the company itself, have an eye fixed firmly on the future, seeking out the path to their own potential and offering our clients the benefits of a partnership that lasts the lifetime of their vessels and beyond.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Your tasks & responsibilities as Site Project Manager Offshore (Russia) include:
- Preparation of the construction process and drawing up the project plans in collaboration with the sub-contractors, tender management, engineering offices worldwide, and planning office;
- Monitoring of planning deadlines, progress, quality, and budget using an ERP system, WBS, and process planning schedules;
- Coordinating and supervising the construction process at the yard in Vladivostok;
- Coordination of the commissioning, sea trials, and delivery of the ship and offshore construction to the customers in consultation with the classification society and our co-makers and suppliers;
- If necessary improving processes and products in relation to the various sub-processes, such as the engineering, construction, and procurement processes, and a reduction of failure costs and an improvement in quality;
- Responsible for coordinating/indirectly supervising the multidisciplinary project team along the entire production chain and supply chain.
Do you fit our profile of Site Project Manager Offshore (Russia)? You must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree (HBO) or Master’s degree, preferably in Naval Architecture, Mechanical Engineering, Marine Engineering, or equivalent;
- Good oral and written command of English and preferable Russian or Dutch;
- Over 8 years of relevant work experience within multidisciplinary Ship New build project management industry preferable within Russia;
- Advantage experience of project administration / management, Pre engineering procedures and extensive Offshore related HSEQ procedures; Ability to set priorities, take a process-centered approach, and maintain an overview;
- Organizational skills, quality conscious, flexible, and customer-oriented.
Here at Damen we realize supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That’s why we continually invest in your development. Damen offers you (in case of full time employment):
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
- a competitive salary;
- at least 40 days of annual leave;
- travel allowance;
- profit sharing & pension allowance;
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our Damen Academy (including Leadership & Management development programs);
- an active social environment in terms of events & sports;
- relocation package available under certain circumstances.
For certain positions, prior to extending an offer of employment, Damen will check and verify the following information: professional references, the authenticity of identity documentation and educational credentials, an integrity statement and a Certificate of Good Conduct (CGC). For some positions an assessment may be part of the application procedure.
Damen Shipyards Group operates 32 shipbuilding and repair yards, employing over 9,000 people worldwide. Damen offers a wide ranging portfolio of vessels to all sectors of the maritime industry as well as a variety of marine components and ship repair and conversion services. The unveiling of Damen Offshore Rotterdam sees Damen commence with the construction of offshore vessels and constructions larger than those traditionally produced by the group, as well as large ferries and small cruise ships. Through the extensive experience of Damen Shiprepair & Conversion, Damen already has a strong track record working with such vessels.
This Division is indicative of Damen's confidence in the recovery of the offshore energy sector; when offshore activity increases once again Damen will be ready. To these ends we are assembling a dedicated, specialist Damen Offshore Rotterdam team to ensure that the Damen standard of quality be consistently applied to all the activities of this new entity. The new team is to be strategically located in the Port of Rotterdam, at the headquarters of Damen Shiprepair & Conversion in the heart of the harbour city's offshore cluster.