As a Key Account manager Europe you offer support to the Sales (Ship) Newbuild Division especially in selling vessels by offering them our services, including spare parts and training packages. You will also monitor the progress of the warranty service and you give functional guidance to project managers and -engineers for its implementation.
You are responsible for the realization of the objectives of the Services department in the areas of customer satisfaction, revenue and profit.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- You assure an up-to-date sales funnel;
- You will be responsible for the major accounts (global players) within the area;
- You play an active role in acquisition and relationship management, and you use these to create customer demand with the focus on the cultural part of doing business in Europe;
- You consult with the (potential) client on the technical, functional and other specifications of the possible order;
- You apply to client’s tenders for the export of complex projects that affect multiple parts of the Services organization;
- You present the offers and specifications specified in tenders to the Sales New build Division and/or the customer;
- You are responsible for the handling of service orders, for instance by preparing action lists, work lists and a task specifications, by monitoring the progress of the project and timely detection of deviations in time, budget and quality, and by monitoring agreements with customers;
- You draw up invoices, deliver them and you are responsible for credit management.
We are looking for candidates with the following profile:
- You have completed a technical (managerial) education (at least Bachelor degree);
- You are familiar with the cultural and business aspects of doing business in the region;
- You have managerial knowledge about combining technical, logistical and commercial aspects of tenders;
- You have multiple years of experience in a services / Sales environment;
- You have excellent communication skills for negotiating, discussing the progress and convincing the client;
- You are willing to make short business trips related to your work area in Europe (about one week a month).
Damen Services' mission is to support the Sales (Ship) New build Division of Damen by providing additional value by delivering excellent services and warranty support. The Services department contributes to the Damens' reputation of high quality and the generally higher cost of acquisition. After the sale of a vessel, excellent services are delivered in order to increase the likelihood that a customer chooses Damen again to buy a vessel for replacement or expansion of the fleet. At the operational level, the Services department maintains in contact with clients and will act as the reconnaissance of the sales organization. Damen Services provides a broad portfolio of services for the entire life cycle of a Damen built vessel. This includes the solvation of warranty calls, providing of training, spare parts, maintenance and the execution of modifications and repairs. That is reflected in the behavior of its employees; they are always available, proactive, keeping their promises and do more than is asked of them. Within the Services department the question is always: How do we make it happen?