The Finance and Control Department is looking for a student with an Industrial Engineering or other study which includes Data Analytics.
Activities that you could support within the Information & Processes department of Finance & Control is to discover how data can be used to draw conclusions and solve problems. You can perform statistical analysis of data, create visualizations of analyzed data and processes related to wide and interesting areas: purchase to pay and supplier invoice handling, customer invoice processing, root cause analysis, KPI measurement, recommendations regarding various process optimizations and management reporting.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Various subjects can be used for a graduation project a.o.:
- Acquire, process and summarize data;
- Package data for insights (DataMart);
- Design and create data reports using various reporting tools and dashboards;
- Modeling and optimizing supplier invoice processes, analyze and implement best practices on verification of incoming invoices;
- Optimization of management reporting process.
The right student is:
- Studying a Bachelor or Master Business Engineering or Industrial Engineering;
- Having strong data visualization skills;
- Having statistical and mathematical skills;
- Having data wrangling skills (transformation and mapping);
- Having programming skills (SQL, PowerBI, optional: Python);
- A conceptual thinker and has eye for detail;
- A team player;
- Fluent in English and has basic Dutch communication skills.
- 5-6 months, of which 4-5 days a week at location Gorinchem
- Start approx. 1 September 2018
Damen Shipyards Gorinchem, headquarters of the Damen Shipyards Group, is a well-known leading international shipyard. Damen Shipyards Group operates more than 32 shipyards, repair yards and related companies worldwide with a total turnover of 1.7 billion Euro. At Damen Shipyards Gorinchem we design and build a wide range of products including tugs, workboats, naval and patrol vessels, high speed craft, dredgers, vessels for the offshore industry, ferries, pontoons and cargo vessels. Damen delivers more than 180 vessels each year. In fact, we have built more than 6,000 ships since 1969. Our clients include contractors, oil companies, port authorities, offshore companies and maritime service providers.