Our aim is to offer you an international experience at one of our biggest production yards across the world. This is where the magic happens and where we start building our vessels from scratch. During your time abroad you will learn more about the shipbuilding process and you will be working for an international family owned company. Moreover, you will have to deal with people from a different culture and take care of yourself. Are you convinced that you are the right person to handle this challenging experience? Apply now!
- Students can apply for a Premium Placement until 16 April.
- The first selection interviews will take place in April and/or May.
- In May the online assessments will take place and will be discussed.
- Based on this the final students will be invited for a Premium Placements Pitch for our Premium Placement Board. This will take place in June. The board ultimately decides on the same day which student will go to which yard.
Damen is an international company with yards on five continents around the world. This enables us to offer to an exclusive group of students the possibility of undertaking their internships or graduation projects abroad, the so called Premium Placements. However, not all our yards offer international (graduation) internship possibilities, so we have set up a special selection process to find the best candidates for those that do.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- As intern at one of our international yards you will experience different aspects of the total production process of our Damen vessels. Which part of the production process do you like the most? To which part of the production process do you think you can add the most value? Well, this is all up to you. Together with your future colleagues we will set up an internship plan for your time abroad. This internship plan is based on your personal learning goals.
- Send us a strong motivation letter specifying which part of the production process has your interest and why. Of course, you will also need to convince us why we should offer you a Premium Placement.
- A bachelor/master student?
- A team player?
- A person that can make and wants to make a difference?
- Not afraid to get your hands dirty?
- Eager to learn?
- Good at ‘out of the box’ thinking?
- Fluent in English?
Company InformationDamen Shipyards Group operates 32 shipbuilding and repair yards, employing 9,000 people worldwide.Damen has delivered more than 5,000 vessels in more than 100 countries and delivers some 160 vessels annually to customers worldwide. Based on its unique, standardised ship-design concept Damen is able to guarantee consistent quality. Damen's focus on standardisation, modular construction and keeping vessels in stock leads to short delivery times, low 'total cost of ownership', high resale values and reliable performance. Furthermore, Damen vessels are based on thorough R&D and proven technology.Damen offers a wide range of products, including tugs, workboats, naval and patrol vessels, high speed craft, cargo vessels, dredgers, vessels for the offshore industry, ferries, pontoons and superyachts.
For nearly all vessel types Damen offers a broad range of services, including maintenance, spare parts delivery, training and the transfer of (shipbuilding) know-how. Damen also offers a variety of marine components, such as nozzles, rudders, anchors, anchor chains and steel works.In addition to ship design and shipbuilding, Damen Shiprepair & Conversion has a worldwide network of 15 repair and conversion yards with dry docks ranging up to 420 x 80 metres. Conversion projects range from adapting vessels to today's requirements and regulations to the complete conversion of large offshore structures. DSC completes around 1,500 repair and maintenance jobs annually.