Marine Engineering (MEGA), established in 2004, is a modern engineering company specialized in engineering for shipbuilding, mainly providing detailed engineering packages for hull, piping, arrangements and outfitting with more than 120 people working in offices spaces of abt. 1,500 sq.m., located in Galati/ Romania.
MEGA Team increased year after year - with small but firm steps - on most of the aspects: number of personnel, types of the vessels engineered, office spaces, quality of documentation provided to our clients and internal General & Project Management procedures.
Very young engineers, coming directly from the University, together with engineers having many years of shipbuilding experience (in engineering and/or in the building yards) were growing up together year by year, step by step and improved their interaction within the project teams. Therefore we are searching for an enthusiastic person for a front-desk position, someone who likes to work and communicate with people.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Prepare the execution documentation based on Class approved documentation, meaning an approved study documentation.
- Up date the execution documentation if any changes and insert the remarks of the Ship’s register and/ or the ship’s owner.
- Is responsible for the documentation assigned / verifications to be correlated with MEGA technical and technological possibilities or to the owner’s, internal or external, for who he/ she prepares the documentation.
- Is responsible for respecting the delivery scheduler for assigned documentation.
- Is responsible for items he/ she signed in inventory book.
- Is responsible for maintaining a proper functioning of used office equipment.
- Is permanently concerned by his personal development in his/ her domain, related by initiation/ improvement in knowing NUPAS CADMATIC and other specific software.
- When he/ she participates in activities that influences the quality of MEGA products, his/ her responsibilities are written down in the operational procedures of the quality management system related to those activities.
- Master’s Degree in Shipbuilding or Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience with demonstrated expertise and skill in shipbuilding design and fully conversant with 3D specialized software as Tribon, Nupas, Cadmatic and also AutoCAD, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.) is a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of the shipbuilding design processes and the project’s coordination procedures specifics to his/her discipline.
- Positive thinking, openness, capacity of continuous learning, initiative, loyalty to respect the company’s interests.
- Very good communication and team-working skills.
- Intermediary/advanced knowledge in English - written and verbal communication
- Willingness to work in overtime and take over new/supplementary tasks.
- Availability for work outside company, also abroad.
- Experience in a shipyard is a plus.
Company InformationAn essential objective of MEGA is the concern for significant and continual improvement of the quality of all its processes and services. In this respect, quality objectives are established and monitored yearly, for each department, in order to reduce the amount of non-conformities.
All the employees of MEGA - shipbuilding engineers, mechanical engineers, Team Leaders and Project Coordinators guided by the Top Management of the Company - succeeded by dedication, hardworking and joint efforts, especially during the last 5-6 years, to build a motivated, competitive and powerful Engineering Team, i.e. the MEGA Team!