The position focusses on the design and execution of electrical control systems for dredging vessels.
Tasks & Responsibilities
You primary task will consist of the execution of mainly short-term projects through excellent project management. You will guide projects from the design phase through to operational commissioning and guarantee work. The core activities will therefore consist of the formulation, programming, configuration, and maintenance of controls and systems. This concerns both standard and customer-specific orders. In this role you will provide support to one of our Engineering Project Leaders. With your knowledge in the field of PC programming, SCADA applications, and Survey, Hydrography, and GPS systems, you will be an excellent advisor concerning the development of new (standard) products and the issuing of quotations. In addition to PC-based systems, you will also have to work with Siemens PLC control systems, including HMI, positioning systems, and the practical application of process instrumentation in our products.
- You are an enthusiastic specialist in the field of control systems, both in the engineering phase and the execution phase;
- You get energy from performing a variety of activities, ranging from sales to operational commissioning;
- You are analytical, goal-oriented, and a good team player;
- You have a qualification at Bachelor's degree level (HBO) or above in (Maritime) Electrical Engineering, Industrial Automation or Information Technology;
- You are familiar with the application of programming languages (including C++), Visiostudio, and SCADA (e.g., Cimplicity);
- You have experience with programming PLCs (Siemens) and are familiar with the programming environment TIAportal;
- You preferably have several years’ relevant work experience in the maritime sector or industrial mechanical engineering;
- You have experience with reading electrical engineering (EPLAN) drawings;
- Practical experience in dredging and/or offshore is a plus;
- You are willing to occasionally travel and work on location, including in foreign countries;
- You have a good command of English and Dutch, both verbal and written;
- Finally, you have sufficient experience of working with various MS Office programmes.
Department InformationThe Engineering department of Damen Dredging Equipment consists of several product teams: trailing suction hopper systems, stationary cutter suction systems, dredging pumps, components, and specials. The product teams are managed by an engineering project leader (team leader) and operate independently. The Damen organisation is continuously working on the standardisation of its equipment and components. Standardisation provides a solid foundation for our engineering solutions. The fabrication of the stationary cutter suction systems and (parts of) components is carried out at our own shipyard, but also partly at other shipyards around the world.