In this position, you will design our dredging equipment together with the engineering project leader and develop basic and detailed technical engineering designs. Damen Dredging Equipment is the dredging expert for the Damen Shipyards Group and offers a wide range of development opportunities in the engineering sector, both in Nijkerk and further afield.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Your primary task is the execution of several projects within one of the engineering teams. The projects may aim to standardise our products or to manufacture client-specific equipment. In this role, you will support one of our other engineering project leaders. You will create 3D models and drawings for:
- Concept studies
- Assembly drawings
- Product drawings
You are also capable of substantiating your design choices with various mechanical calculations. Knowledge of the rules, standards and guidelines for the shipbuilding industry may be of relevance.
- Higher vocational degree or university degree in mechanical engineering or commensurate experience/capacities
- Relevant internship or work experience (1-5 years)
- Knowledge of 2D/3D CAD systems, preferably Inventor and AutoCAD
- The ability to actively acquire new knowledge to solve technical problems
- Good communication skills, ambitious and inquisitive
- Good written and verbal command of English and Dutch; German considered an advantage.
Department InformationThe Engineering department of Damen Dredging Equipment consists of several product teams: trailing suction hopper equipment, stationary cutter suction dredgers, dredge pumps, components and specials. The product teams are managed by an Project Manager Engineering (team leader) and operate independently. The Damen organisation is continuously working on the standardisation of its equipment and components. Standardisation provides a solid foundation for our engineering solutions. The fabrication of the stationary cutter suction systems and (parts of) components is carried out at our own shipyard, but also partly at other shipyards around the world.