With a well thought and pragmatic maintenance plan our customers are able to maintain a reliable fleet with a high availability. Damen Shipyards delivers these plans with all relevant information to maintain the vessel. The maintenance plan contains step-by-step instructions, information about the required spare parts and an extended maintenance schedule. A well maintained fleet or vessel keeps our customers in control of their operation and reduces the down time and expensive urgent repairs. The Maintenance Planning Team consists currently of 8 people. The team can be divided into two disciplines. One part of the team compiles the ships configuration from the available information like drawings, the vessel specification, a vessel data document and other sources of information. The other part of the team writes the maintenance instructions based on the manuals of the original equipment manufacturer or supplier. In addition to the maintenance instructions Damen can add recommendations based on experience and/or user knowledge. The equipment information and maintenance instructions are entered and scheduled into a maintenance management system. The maintenance schedule helps the customer to maintain their vessel in a proper way.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Compile ships configuration from the available information (drawings, vessel specification, vessel data document, purchase information)
- Gather all relevant maintenance information from the manuals supplied by the original equipment manufacturer or supplier
- Search for the needed information within the Damen organization or contact the supplier in case a manual is not available
- Write the maintenance instructions based on the manuals supplied by the original equipment manufacturer or supplier
- Create component types including the maintenance instructions, required spare parts and required disciplines in our database system AMOS.
- Excellent knowledge of maintenance engineering
- Knowledge of vessel equipment and systems
- Technical writing skills
- Familiarity with MS Windows / MS Office / ERP / Databases / AMOS
- Working experience in an international maritime environment
- BSc degree in Engineering or Nautical
- Able to read and write in English at a good level.
Damen Engineering Gdansk Sp. z o.o. is a new Damen Company located in Gdańsk (Poland), started activities at the 1st of August 2013, member of Damen Group. DEGd is responsible for delivery of design checks and basic design for Damen ships of several Product Groups. Engineering focuses on the development of both existing Damen ship types and new designs. The Engineering Department is also involved during the production phase of each ship and provides support as necessary. Damen Engineering Gdansk is looking for experienced Shipbuilding, E&A, Mechanical Designers as well as project management and support personnel.