At Damen Engineering Helsinki we work on specialised vessels that are custom designed and built.
We are dedicated to the business unit CRO and are responsible for the development of concept- and basic engineering packages, including class and client approval, the management of our detail engineering partners and production support.
We would like to build a long term, stable concept- and basic engineering team, on which we can rely to make the ambitions of CRO a reality.
You will be part of an engineering team working on a variety of deliverables to translate technical building specifications into a basic engineering package. You will be able to work in different fields of your expertise, in an international setting, cooperating with colleagues in the Netherlands and Poland amongst other locations.
Tasks & Responsibilities
You will be responsible for the following:
- Executing several phases of engineering: design check, concept design and basic engineering;
- Assessing input for detailed engineering and suppliers;
- Working closely together with all stakeholders;
- Monitoring quality and organizing interface and system integration with other disciplines and co-makers;
- Performing calculations related to load/power, strength and flow calculations in the mechanical engineering field;
- Supporting the Class and National Authorities approval process;
- Preparing technical space layouts, system diagrams and outfitting arrangements;
- Preparing technical specifications for systems and equipment and/or assessment of supplier specifications;
- Coordinating the outsourcing of work to subcontractors.
As an engineer you have quality consciousness and a practical approach in your veins and brains.
In addition, you meet the following features:
- Bachelor/Master degree in the field of Mechanical Engineering;
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience in concept design/basic engineering;
- Knowledge of Auto-Cad, MS Office, 3D Engineering tools (Cadmatic beneficial);
- Good oral and written command of English;
- You are a real team player;
- You have a positive attitude and sense of humour;
- You are willing to travel abroad.
Damen Engineering Helsinki (DEHi) will open officially 14th May 2019 as a part of Damen Shipbuilding Rotterdam, which is located in the Port of Rotterdam, the Netherlands. DEHi and Damen Shipbuilding Rotterdam are part of the Damen Shipyards Group, operating over 50 shipyards, Service Hubs and associated offices around the globe. Damen is a family business founded in 1927, internationally renowned for its practice of standardised shipbuilding, which leads to the fast delivery of proven technology. Over the years, Damen has successfully delivered over 6,000 vessels. The role of DEHi within the group is to execute concept design and basic engineering for the business unit CRO. DEHi is working in close cooperation with other engineering companies both within and outside of the Damen Shipyards Group.